Oblivion patch when?

Soldato
Anyone know when the oblivion patch for the 360 version is likely to appear as im currently stuck due to a cutscene bug.. so i cant actually play the game anymore, until its fixed. Anyone know?

Soldato
I'm actually a bit wii'd off with Bethesda to be honest, I wish they would spend their time fixing the damn game rather than producing more overpriced (probably equally as buggy) addons.

I can't play it for more than half an hour now without it crashing. It used to be very occasionally during the loading scene... then it started to happen during the loading bits when roaming outdoors - now it just happens whenever.

It is the most shoddy buggy console game I have ever played, and its ruined it for me - I can't finish the game because of the crashes :(

There is a patch on the PC - who knows if they'll even bother for the 360.

Soldato
MadFruit said:
There is a patch on the PC - who knows if they'll even bother for the 360.
The PC patch is still a beta I think. When it's final they'll probably do a version for the 360.

What has annoyed me is that I've paid for two of the little addons (on the PC) and the installer just crashes! And Bethesda aren't really doing much to help people fix this.

Associate
I'm stuck on that Fighters Guild quest whereby the body you are supposed to find isn't there because apparently I visited the cave before the quest began.

Luckily I can still play the game, but can't finish the Fighters Guild quests. No biggie when you are on the PC, but that's a damn acheivement I can't get. Makes me sad... :(

Soldato
[SKR]Phoenix said:
I'm stuck on that Fighters Guild quest whereby the body you are supposed to find isn't there because apparently I visited the cave before the quest began.

Luckily I can still play the game, but can't finish the Fighters Guild quests. No biggie when you are on the PC, but that's a damn acheivement I can't get. Makes me sad... :(
I'm glad I got the PC version because a lot of these things can be fixed with console commands or fixes made with the construction set. There's one guy I had to respawn twice because he has a tendency to act like a lemming when you're not watching.

Soldato
OP
pinkaardvark said:
Can't you just load an old save?

No becuase i only have saves just before and during the quest.. only way off the island is to complete the quest as a gate shuts behind you. And of course the autosave ruined my chances of going out before as it saves once u enter the door.

Theres lots of others complaining about it on forums etc.. Seems that the PC version can be fixed with a skip cutscene console command.. but dosnt help with 360.

Soldato
[SKR]Phoenix said:

Been stuck on that bug for ages now :/ The Fighters Guild was the first guild I did, until that bug stopped me in m tracks. Ended up doing all the other guilds and now await the patch to get my remaining quests done.

Alpha, have you tried clearing the game's cache? Start up Oblivion with the A button held down.

Soldato
OP
Kainz said:
Been stuck on that bug for ages now :/ The Fighters Guild was the first guild I did, until that bug stopped me in m tracks. Ended up doing all the other guilds and now await the patch to get my remaining quests done.

Alpha, have you tried clearing the game's cache? Start up Oblivion with the A button held down.

I havnt but i will try it tonight.. thanks for the tip.

Associate
Kainz said:

What do you recommend doing first? Theives guild or the Dark Brotherhood? I've done the other two. Leaving the main quest for a bit.

Soldato
[SKR]Phoenix said:
What do you recommend doing first? Theives guild or the Dark Brotherhood? I've done the other two. Leaving the main quest for a bit.
The Dark Brotherhood has some great little quests in it - better IMO than the Theives Guild ones (but then I'm not much of a fan of stealth!!). Some quite poignant killing sprees to be done! :)

Soldato
[SKR]Phoenix said:

Think of it a different way.

When you get a pizza do you eat the best bits first or the ropey bits to get them out the way?

I did fighters guild and mages first. Then finished the game. Now with 100+ hours, and my interest waning a little I still find the enthusiasm for the thieves guild and when this is done.. boy that last slice will still taste good. Dark Brotherhood :)

The danger is you'll get too full and stop eating before the best bit but, come on, there's always room for one more slice ;)

Soldato
ive done the Dark brotherhood, and a fair bit of thieves, not much of Mages or Fighters yet, starting on them now - then the main quest, then its up for sale :)

Permabanned
[SKR]Phoenix said:

Tell me about it. Although as a TES veteran i think ill just start afresh with a Nord combat type that is heavily skewed toward health and swordplay, whak dificulty slider to 'childlike qand pathetic' and get the points cos TBH without the bug im pretty sure my level 35 high elf hybrid char would manage it, specially as i went on a klepto mission yesterday and wiped out every kill-able person in tamriel.

Soldato
Ultra_Extreme said:
Tell me about it. Although as a TES veteran i think ill just start afresh with a Nord combat type that is heavily skewed toward health and swordplay, whak dificulty slider to 'childlike qand pathetic' and get the points
I did that :p and then screwed up massively. Created a char, sniggered at P.Stewart dying, joined the FG and got upto their 4th guild mission, and then died after falling off a mountain! Only then did I realise that my last savegame was when I exited the sewers! :mad: :(

I gave up lol and now await the patch.

Back
Top Bottom