Whos on Talktalk?

Permabanned
Hows the service, signed up, july 2nd it will be sintalled by *Hopes*

Can you play css? - No port blocking etc..

Everything fancy etc..
Is it an "always on connection"

Associate
Jeez....July....I can dream of being on by then....my line will be upgraded in November!! :eek:

I wouldnt mind if it werent for the fact I have been with them for the last 18mths already, on their home phone & 512mb package, although I know its down to the exchange upgrade rather than Talktalk themselves.....and to think I went with the Talktalk upgrade cos I couldnt wait till July for Bethere to upgrade me. :(

Soldato
Gonna be cancelling this ISP soon. We were going to migrate over, but that meant we would be stuck on our 2mb ADSL, and i want 8mb. BT predict ill get about 5mb, which will do me nicely.

Au Revoir PlusNet.

Associate
lol for ffs!

Do not sign up for talk talk, they port throttle games, like cs, online eve, wow.
For gods sake go read the isp forums, you will be well No disguised swearing! off.
Get out of it now whilst you can, if you can!.

Soldato
I know, im kind worried about it, but ma dads adament hes going with them. Meh, if its naff its a £70 disconnect fee, which i wont be paying as it was his decision :p

I really wish he would understand the terms of you get what you pay for, but you cant teach an old dog new tricks.

Soldato
My friend has them and he cannot play most games now and WoW is out of the question. They block p2p and the customer service is non existant. If i were you id try to cancel, but apparently thats almost impossible to do as there doesnt seem to be a working customer service dept.

Associate
Is this diff from the free broadband forever? We just signed up for that and the guy said it doesn't go live for another couple of months.

Associate
Just had a look, it seems like they limit the bandwidth on p2p ports in peak times, but some online games (like WoW) use the same ports, and these are also getting limited, causing lag. V harsh! :mad: We signed up for the free broadband, getting a little worried now, I just assumed it would be ok (stupid me!).

Caporegime
The "free" setup depends on their LLU deal, the current setup mostly depends on BTw IPStream. At last count, though, they were punting folks that signed up for the "free" ADSL onto the IPStream setup.
Whether the two will wind up identical remains to be seen, but their support (or lack of it) is reason enough to stay away.

Associate
Well I have 2mb BT broadband at the mo and it's very quick for online games (avg ping 5ms), so if this free talk talk is 8mb with 512k upload surely it can't be much slower than what I have at the moment?

Caporegime
theMAD2 said:
if this free talk talk is 8mb with 512k upload surely it can't be much slower than what I have at the moment?

If you even get that sync rate, not that it's relevant to your pings...

Permabanned
I had talktalk 8mb BB connected last week. I have no problems with P2P or gaming lag, but I am limited to only 1mb downloads until my local exchange (Romford) is LLU'd.

Still, NTL were charging me 18quid for just 1mb beforehand so having it for "free" is a bargain.

Associate
I doubt your average ping is 5ms, for a start.
Well it is :) The server I play on must be peered with one of BTs. People often accuse me of having a 'ping hack', which I don't think exists as the ping is calculated server side.

Associate

dos ping (starting from my machine) would be slower (about 10ms), this ping is calculated from the game server.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom