Help with new modem...

Soldato
Currently my girlfriends parents use a BT Voyager 205 adsl router, connected to their windows millenium PC by USB.

My Girlfriend has just finished at uni, where I set up a BT Voyager 2100 wireless Router for her two windows XP machines (1 laptop, 1 desktop) both using BT wireless cards.

At home they Use BT Broadband, and at uni my GF used NDO.

now, I want to install the BT Voyager 2100 at bekkys parents house so that she can use the internet on her laptop at home. I've got a 10/100 nic card to plug into the Windows Millenium PC of her parents, but I need to know... how do I set up the new router on bt broadband? where do I get all the settings from etc? Is there somewhere I can download them off the internet from and upload them to the router?

I tried just plugging the router into the phoneline and trying to connect that way, but it wouldnt let me.

The BT Broadband username on the router appears to just be the name of the router with a few other bits and pieces bolted on the end (IE a generic one)

Appreciate a quick reply on all this as im trying to do it all now !! :)

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
That router just has a standard web interface, i am not really understanding where the confusion has come from with regard to setting it up?

I am sure her parents will have the u/n and p/w available from when they had their service setup....

Soldato
OP
Jez said:
That router just has a standard web interface, i am not really understanding where the confusion has come from with regard to setting it up?

I am sure her parents will have the u/n and p/w available from when they had their service setup....

its ok now, ive managed to sort it,

NDO must have sent some configuration to the modem, as it wouldnt get 'ready to connect'

reset to factory defaults, popped in the username, jobs a goodun :)

Back
Top Bottom