upgrade time(ORANGE)

Associate
as per title

im looking at n80/n70/6280

thing is, im on ypdirect 200mins 500 text for thirty quid a month. will i get the n80 free? if so is it the best...

all help/tips appreciated folks

Soldato
I wouldnt take anything less than the N80 tbh. They might want you to go to 18 months, say no, see what they say. But go for 18 if you want, at the end of the day it will still be agood phone in 18 months. The other two phnes have been out for around 9 months now, so get the N80.

Associate
if your defo wanting a smart phone then given those choices the n80 stands out although read up about it first as you will most likely be commiting to it for 18 months, ive had one and didnt like it and preferd the n70 but thats just personel pref.

why those choices ? the w810i is a fantastic phone , what about that one ?

Associate
OP
tbh im coming from a k750i and the only actual 'upgrade', in terms of phone specs that i can see is the n80. the w810i looks just like a sidestep from the 750.

Soldato
rmuir said:
tbh im coming from a k750i and the only actual 'upgrade', in terms of phone specs that i can see is the n80. the w810i looks just like a sidestep from the 750.

Well said about the W810i! I'm not sure what all the fuss is about tbh. If you were going to get a W810i ten you might as well sell it nad keep your 99% the same K750i.

Associate
OP
lol

just spoke to orange upgrades.

they want 99.99 for a w810i which is fine, i don't want that one anyway. but they want 179.99 for an n80. hahahahahaah... no.

will speak to customer retention later.....

Associate
I got an upgrade to a V3 with orange a few months back, I pay £35 a month (contract + insurance), rarely going over my bill and i ended up with:

* YP200
* Student Tariff (1000 texts)
* 100minutes (6 months)
* 200rollover minutes (12 months)
* 12 Month Contract
* £35 credit

So all in all I have:
* 500+ minutes for 6 months dropping to 400+ minutes
* 1000 text messages
* Free Moto V3
* 12 Month Contract
* Orange Insurance
* £35 credit (1 months bill)

I didn't really have to push either, the girl on the end of the phone was very very helpful!

DG :)

Associate
call up push for a deal, if they dont give you anything ask for pac and say ** gonna transfer to tmobile ask them to price match flext (i hear they do now)

:D

Associate
It all depends on your bill spend at the end of the day. If you are a low end user then they probably just wave bye bye.

They will only make crazy offers if you are worth it, blunt I know but thats business.

As for matching flext, they dont match it exactly, but they do offer high end users something just as good.

Aaron

Man of Honour
Spamalot said:
Yep, that would be because they gave you a hand set worth next to nothing for £35 per month.

Strangely not everyone is obsessed with bleeding companies dry for the latest and greatest phone for as little as possible.... Some people actually want phone service and care far more about that ;)

Soldato
Dolph said:
Strangely not everyone is obsessed with bleeding companies dry for the latest and greatest phone for as little as possible.... Some people actually want phone service and care far more about that ;)

That migth be the case, but even you ;) would find it hard to disagee that there is little point in having Orange care on a V3 or any phone of that price.

Man of Honour
Spamalot said:
That migth be the case, but even you ;) would find it hard to disagee that there is little point in having Orange care on a V3 or any phone of that price.

Why? within 24 hour fault and damage replacement, plus cover for loss and theft within a slightly longer timescale (normally 3 days) is more than worth £5 a month for many phone users.

Once again, you are coming across as being obsessed with the handset and forgetting the rest of the package. I can only assume you actually have no real purpose to having your phone from your attitude.

Soldato
Dolph said:
Why? within 24 hour fault and damage replacement, plus cover for loss and theft within a slightly longer timescale (normally 3 days) is more than worth £5 a month for many phone users.

Once again, you are coming across as being obsessed with the handset and forgetting the rest of the package. I can only assume you actually have no real purpose to having your phone from your attitude.

Well on average how often do/have you lost you phone?
"Dodgy Geeza" is paying £5 p/m replacment cover on a phone that you could buy for £60. Also as you know Orange offer emergece care any how.

Associate
Spamalot said:
Well on average how often do/have you lost you phone?
"Dodgy Geeza" is paying £5 p/m replacment cover on a phone that you could buy for £60. Also as you know Orange offer emergece care any how.

irrelevant, more to do with service/ease of mind/etc. orange will replace the phone immediately and itll come to your house with less effort/time lost etc. whereas youd have to source the phone yourself and it would require time/effort

your logic of just because over the last x years something hasnt happened doesnt mean it wont happen..

anyhow 60£ equates to 5pm anyway.. so donno what you are so worried about

Soldato
spirit said:
irrelevant, more to do with service/ease of mind/etc. orange will replace the phone immediately and itll come to your house with less effort/time lost etc. whereas youd have to source the phone yourself and it would require time/effort
Well this is not the case, as you can get Orance emergence care for a one of payment of £30 (dolph?) then 12 months worth of £5 p/m, so thats his peice of mind.

your logic of just because over the last x years something hasnt happened doesnt mean it wont happen..
Well it does, on average.

anyhow 60£ equates to 5pm anyway.. so donno what you are so worried about
So he would have to loose his phone at least once in the year to cover hs outlay, stupid in my eyes.

Man of Honour
Spamalot said:
Well this is not the case, as you can get Orance emergence care for a one of payment of £30 (dolph?) then 12 months worth of £5 p/m, so thats his peice of mind.

Depends on the handset, but yes, for a V3 it would be £30 then £5p/m

Well it does, on average.

Do you have home insurance? After all, your home doesn't get burgled or burnt down that often....

So he would have to loose his phone at least once in the year to cover hs outlay, stupid in my eyes.

Well, it's a good thing it's someone else's bill not yours then. Just because you don't think something is worth it doesn't make it fact, nor does it mean everyone else has to follow your decision, nor do they have to justify their decisions to you...

Soldato
Dolph said:
Depends on the handset, but yes, for a V3 it would be £30 then £5p/m
Thanks, thats what I though. Its more for smart phones isnt it?

Do you have home insurance? After all, your home doesn't get burgled or burnt down that often....
Yes, I do. But this is they same theory that I would toss a coin for a pund heads I will. But I would not do it for £100. With home insurance the stakes are a lot higher.

Dolph said:
Well, it's a good thing it's someone else's bill not yours then. Just because you don't think something is worth it doesn't make it fact, nor does it mean everyone else has to follow your decision, nor do they have to justify their decisions to you...
Well I have used examples that go some was to proving it is a fact. And no, people dont have to follow me, but I am free to veiw my opinion. I think that phone insurance (as it is now partly at CPW) should be different for every phone. Untill it is there are some phones that are worth insuring and some that are not.

Back
Top Bottom