Lian Li's and Watercooling?`

Soldato
Hi,

Ok never before been too interested in the Lian Li's but I think there winning me around :D . What I was wondering is out of the new cases Lian Li has comming out which would be the best for watercooling? Whats annoying me about a lot of cases is where to position the Radiator (either a 120.2 or 120.3) and also the pump?

At the moment I would have to cut holes in the top of my Silverstone and I think a 120.2 would just about squeeze in there. I have 2 opticals drives, an akasa fan controller and a raptor in a silentmax case so the fan controller I am hoping can go at the top and then the rad can just about go in behind it?? As for the pump not sure how big these things are but I could put it into the HDD rack or next to it, can't remove the rack as i also have a seagate sitting in there.

So was wondering with the Lian Li's if they would be better suited? I like the S80 but looks like its a git to get access to where the optical bays are? but it does have room for a pump. Also was looking at the PC-101/201 now I like the PSU at the bottom as I can then put the rads at the top but would this block the PCI slots? As I have a XFi Soundcard to fit in. It also has space i would think behind the PSU to fit the pump and then feed the tubing up through to the motherboard area?

Or are the Lian Li's out at the mo better for watercooling if so which ones?

And las but not least any idea of a release date for the new Lian Li's?

Sorry for all the questions but want a case thats gonna last.

Soldato
LIAN LI G70!

It is the upgrade of the PC7*'s, which are probably the best case for modding for watercooling out there.

I can upload some pictures of one with water cooling installed, 120.3 I beleive in the roof of the case.

But, yeh, G70; the other Lian Li cases are usually tricky to install the cooling into, but the G70 is drill and go basically!

Soldato
OP
Thanks Yewen for the suggestion.

That is one mighty big case by the looks of it :eek: Pitty I can't find any reviews of the thing anywhere. Few quick questions about it if i may.

1. Does it come with a blanking plate for the PSU hole at the bottom as I really can't seem me ever needing 2 psu's? If not would this big hole affect the cooling at all cos I think I may need a nice slow 120 fan in there for the mofsets etc.

2. The restrictor thing above the CPU do you know if this can be removed as not sure my Heatsink will go under this?

I have also found this case as well lian li PC-V1200 plus and from the review i read it looks very nice. It isn't as high as the G70 but is nice and deep meaning i should get a 120.3 in there with no probs surely?

Soldato
V1200 is a load of rubbish, UTTER rubbish.

v1200+ is ok but hugely overpriced for what it is.

I can not answer those questions for you, will have to buzz Phill on MSN.

If you buzz me on MSN later, I will put you in touch with him. :)

Soldato
OP
Thanks will add u to msn when i get home from work. I kind of liked the V1200 plus the case finishs etc looks the dogs. I am only looking at the 1200 as I think the G70 is gonna be just to big (in height that is). In your opinion what is the most you would want to pay for a V1200 plus?

Thanks again

Soldato
The G7 is basically a PC7+.

Would be getting on the small side of things for a huge WC system.

Would need a rad box probably.

Soldato
AFK_Matrix said:
Hi,

Whens the best time to get hold of you on MSN Yewen as I always seem to miss u in the evening. Also think I am pretty much set on the V1200 but would still like to quizz Phill on somethings.

Sorry mate been really erm busy with things!

I am on now. :)

Back
Top Bottom