Company ideas for three uni graduates?

Soldato
Guy#1 - Solid first class degree in Computer Science (Programmer)
Guy#2 - Solid first class degree in Photography & Digital Manipulation (Photo Editor)
Guy#3 - Solid first class degree in Business Info Systems (Systems Analyst)

Say you were a manager with these three ahem... noobs fresh outta uni at your disposal. What kinda brainstormin' ideas without getting too silly would you come up with about a business venture? Also think about capital and the need to use all three guys as they will be paid a yearly package of around 20,000 squid a year.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Raymond Lin said:
Magazine cover designs ? Tshirt Patten design?
Good ideas; i like the T-Shirt design thing, but i think that's been done already. Gotta find a niche! For example not in the way Alan Sugar ripped that ladies PC recyclin' company.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
dalex said:
look for a gap in the market that needs filling,you may already have come across it
best of luck,i wish i worked for myself
dave
Yeah, sounds the sensible thing to do really. Cheers.

Last edited:
Soldato
The three skills seem like they could go together very well but I can't think of any particularly great ideas. How about a casual gaming website? Although the photo editor wouldn't fit too well into that since you probably wouldn't be using real world images.

Caporegime
The Jet said:
Good ideas; i like the T-Shirt design thing, but i think that's been done already. Gotta find a niche! For example not in the way Alan Sugar ripped that ladies PC recyclin' company.

Here's an idea taken a step futher.

A website/company that does special to order T-Shirt patten design, the website allow users/clients to submit a photo of their choice and your photo edit guy can do the design for the client. Obviously the programmer will have to design the website, now the design of the site could be tricky as it should have a way to let the user illustrate a general rough idea of their design where your man will take the idea to its fruitition (soing some funky stuff). So may be some kind of freehand/paint or at least position resize ablilty required for the photo uploaded.

Last edited:
Associate
The problem you have is you are all techies. Techies are great at implimenting ideas, but not necessarilly the best at having the ideas - for that you need someone with experience in a particular domain that can point out gaps in the market to you.

beh

beh

Associate
Perhaps get jobs in your own respective fields first to gain a bit of experience. From an inside perspective one of you might envision a good business oppurtunity.

Back
Top Bottom