b-grade

Soldato
b grade, items that have quite possibly been used, missing things such as a manual or perhaps the original box that it came in. the product itself will be working and i think they come with either a 14 day or 30 day warranty last time i checked.
thats what i reckon b grade is ^^
i think somewhere on ocuk's website it mentions about b grade and its terms and conditions when buying.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
B-Grade - Used or repaired products, may be missing packaging cables or accessories. All items have a 14 day warranty from point of receipt

Commissario
Not being a shop guy, but I can back up the comments about B Grade being
  • In working condition
  • 14 days warrantee (so should be fine)
  • May be missing non essential parts (drivers, cables etc)
  • May not be in original packaging (may be in plain boxes etc)
  • May be repaired/replaced by manufacturer or returns due to buyers changing their mind/finding they have an incompatibility with their hardware.

If memory serves, there is no hard and fast reason why something may be B Grade, but it should always work.
I beleive some people have for example bought B grade items that have been replacements for stuff returned to the manufacturer by OCUK, and basically got brand new items in plain boxes - at the other extreme it might be a motherboard in a box on it's own (no cables/manuals/drivers).

Man of Honour
I think sometimes it really depends. I used to never touch it for fear of it breaking down 30milliseconds after the warrenty's expired. But my old sound card was about £80 cheaper and it worked for about 3 years! I guess you need some luck as well :)

Soldato
lordrobs said:
Personally I wouldn't touch B-grade stock with a barge pole. The discounts are never big enough to justify them imo.

I got my first b-grade item last month. An A8N-SLI Premium. It was brand new still sealed in the antistatic bag. But it came without the accessories. But it only cost me £35. For a saving of £100 i can live without a backplate. Id already got loads of cables and an sli bridge

Associate
MeatLoaf said:
I got my first b-grade item last month. An A8N-SLI Premium. It was brand new still sealed in the antistatic bag. But it came without the accessories. But it only cost me £35. For a saving of £100 i can live without a backplate. Id already got loads of cables and an sli bridge

Same for me with the A8N-E

Associate
MeatLoaf said:

Just received the same just 5 mins ago Brand new in a plain box no cables, back plate, drivers or manual..

Commissario
dalex said:
how do you know what is missing . can you put something in the description please
dave

I beleive it varies a lot.

Unfortunately I doubt the shop staff have time to write a description, apply a unique stock code and sort out each individual item in the b-grade section which is what would be required for that:(

Soldato
lordrobs said:
Personally I wouldn't touch B-grade stock with a barge pole. The discounts are never big enough to justify them imo.

:rolleyes: :p

bought a b grade mobo, it was half price , had all accesories and only missing a backplate

bought a raptor hdd, almost half price too and is still running perfectly.

id definetly go b grade again

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
yea a little while ago there were good deals in b grade, when gibbo posted about it in GD...

since it all went though, its mainly been rubbish stuff on there...and the prices have rocketed from what they were at that time.... :(

Back
Top Bottom