Nildram day 3 dissapointment?

Soldato
Im now on day 3 of being connected to Nildram 8mb max adsl. Torrent download speeds have been a bit of a dissapointment tbh ( i have encryption on ), as have various speed tests I have tryed.

Dsl zoneuk only shows my speed between 1 and 2 meg. My router shows this...

day3.jpg

Will things get any better?

Soldato
Yes you're still in your 10 day training period remember...

Torrent speeds vary all the time. There are too many variables to consider... number of seeds, number of peers, quality of their connections, ISP of their connections. Encryption isn't some magic cure for all your Torrent speed problems.

PS: What the hell is "Dsl zoneuk"? If you want to do a speed test download something off ftp.mirror.ac.uk.

Last edited:
Soldato
Efour2 said:
How come you dont sync at the full 8mbit? You got the overheads for it.

Looks like interleaving was enabled for some reason - 7616kbps is the max for a line with interleaving enabled. This could possibly be due to powering the router on and off many times or maybe it was just losing sync at the full 8128kbps.

Soldato
Jimbo said:
I was previously on Evolutiondsl broadband and I synched at 8128 fine there, so I dont know tbh.

You'll be wanting to get Nildram to arrange for interleaving to be disabled then as you're not only losing a bit of sync speed but your pings are higher than they need to be too.

Pho

Pho

Soldato
I'm on day 3 of Nildram's Max. I'm synched at the full 8128 kbps and have had full 8mb download speeds since day 1 too. (I migrated in from Pipex 2MB). So things will hopefully get better for you :)

Back
Top Bottom