Screen keeps going redish!

Associate
Hi I have the geforce 7600 GT (BFG) card in my computer, the screen keeps going redish when playing games and also in windows.

Sometimes it flickers also, do you think it could be the monitor or do you think its something to do with the GFX card.

The monitor is an oldish one i had it from a friend.

Any help or comments would be great thanks ....

Associate
OP
R B CUSTOMS said:
wrong forum really... or is the card overclocked?

btw id change your sig before the Dons do... read the FAQ regarding siginature sizes

the card is OC'ed from retial so i dont know if that will cause any problems, i just wanted to see if anyone else has had these problems, its a CRT monitor...

JRS

JRS

Soldato
GhostyUK said:
the card is OC'ed from retial so i dont know if that will cause any problems, i just wanted to see if anyone else has had these problems, its a CRT monitor...

Keeps going reddish - got a spare monitor signal cable that you can try out? Maybe a pin or two got knocked out of line.

***edit***

Mind, I've only ever seen CRT screen images go greenish when pins have been damaged in the cables.....

Associate
OP
JRS said:
Keeps going reddish - got a spare monitor signal cable that you can try out? Maybe a pin or two got knocked out of line.

***edit***

Mind, I've only ever seen CRT screen images go greenish when pins have been damaged in the cables.....

I haven't got another lead to try plus the CRT monitor has the a lead that is fixed in the back of it, not seperate.

i have noticed that its seems to happen most when on a white bkground screen...

Associate
Clear the area around the screen, no speakers or generators or guitar amps :D

I had a monitor I used from 94 until recently, I left it on for 3 months then I turned it off one day and it was a rainbow when I went to use it again. Could be your monitor wants to be a rainbow too

Soldato
my old iiyama CRT decided to go all different colours, turned out to be the cable and connection on the back of the monitor, try hitting the monitor on the top or side, used to solve my problem for a few minutes :D

Back
Top Bottom