AAAAAAAA! medusa 5.1 USB + BF2 + teamspeak = MAdNesSSSssS!

Permabanned
im really starting to hate this headset :(

everytime i start up battlefield 2 i am greeted by the sounds of my friends screaming at me to shut my microphone off as they can hear nothing but hugely loud static. its not random, its everytime i start battlefield 2. so as a consequence i now have to shut down teamspeak, start bf2, tab out and restart Teamspeak. that plus the microphone gain never seems to stay put for more than 24 hours, and the system sometimes likes to pretend the medusa 5.1 set doesnt exist makes me a little annoyed.

ideas anyone ? :confused:

Associate
I'm not sure how great any USB headsets are, which is why I avoided getting the USB version of the medusa's (standard ver with audigy 2, no probs with BF2 and TS).

You're not the only one to have issues it seems...and not just with this USB headset.

In your case though, it could be a faulty headset, if it's new you could get it replaced. Best to check it with some other stuff first though, try running a few other things while logged into Teamspeak to see if the same "noise" occurs.
Also, I recommend trying the headset plugged into a different USB port (rear if you're using the fronts) just to be sure the headset is the problem.

Back
Top Bottom