Is anyone interested in helping me develop a gaming website?

Soldato
I'm thinking about starting a decent Gaming site. Multiformat/Retro/PC - everything covered.

However to do this, I need a bunch of decent people who are willing to put some time and effort into such a project. Its strictly non profit but participating in these things can lead you anywhere.

If you'd like to be a part of this, or want to past comment, bang out a post and we'll see what we can come up with :)

Who knows, maybe we could rival Eurogamer or IGN :D

Associate
You could aim the site at a specific age group or just make it for grumpy gamers.

If you did that then I'd happily write really grumpy reviews for games. :)

Soldato
Ill help mate with the reviews, I should also be able to help with the actual site.
I have skills in HTML, CSS, PHP, Photoshop (but some are limited)

Soldato
OP
Well, its something I have attempted when I was younger and did ok. Had an interview to write for PC Zone last year but alas didn't get it.

I figured there is a lot of passionate gamers on here who would like to be part of such a thing.

And of course clever programmer/graphics people too :p

Soldato
For my dissertation project I'll be developing a gamers site. It's more to with social networking and all the content will be user contributed. The idea is that each user has a profile that they enter their collection into. They can then submit reviews for those games and others. The system will then reccomend games that they may enjoy. Sorry for the rubbish description, I'm holding a conversation as I type.

Anyways, unless you're dead set on doing the development yourself and can wait a little while I'll need some beta testers and maybe some moderators.

Soldato
I'd be up for it. Fraid I know next to nothing about website writing despite being a programmer myself though. Hoping to go in to games development and I like to think I'm a decent writer. Doesn't neccesarily just have to be reviews as I enjoy a good discussion about games in general. :)

Associate
i used to do some work for a nintendo site, got games from developers for review etc, i still have logins to press/media sites etc

Soldato
OP
Well, I'm happy to co-ordinate this. If anyone has something they see themselves specifically bringing to the project thats fine. Drop me an email at [email protected].

I'd like to edit and contribute features and reviews, I'll get a domain and host sorted sometime over the weekend.

Please keep ideas coming :)

Sean.

Soldato
DailyGeek said:
I'm thinking about starting a decent Gaming site. Multiformat/Retro/PC - everything covered.

However to do this, I need a bunch of decent people who are willing to put some time and effort into such a project. Its strictly non profit but participating in these things can lead you anywhere.

If you'd like to be a part of this, or want to past comment, bang out a post and we'll see what we can come up with :)

Who knows, maybe we could rival Eurogamer or IGN :D

How about joining up with me?

http://www.the-reviewer.co.uk

MSN's in Trust.

Paul ...

Associate
For my dissertation project I'll be developing a gamers site. It's more to with social networking and all the content will be user contributed. The idea is that each user has a profile that they enter their collection into. They can then submit reviews for those games and others. The system will then reccomend games that they may enjoy. Sorry for the rubbish description, I'm holding a conversation as I type.

Heh, I'm actually slowly working on something like that myself ;)

Anyway, for anyone here - I'm up for doing reviews - I used to do it a fair bit, mostly for my own benefit haha. Of course supply would be awesome, but I tend to buy and/or play pretty much everything that comes out over most formats so I think I could be of help :)

EDIT:

I still don't understand how this trust thing works - I'll read up when I'm not so very tired - [email protected] :)

Last edited:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I am always happy to contribute to decent sites.
The only trouble is that the pro active people who put plenty in are usually critisized for being over bearing. This gives me the hump and i usually back away and let them get on with it.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Thesnipergecko said:
Dont wanna steal anyone away, but whats wrong with the site ive done?

Signups are free and easy, and its easy to submit reviews :p

Paul ...
I'd never heard of it before this thread so I'm guessing bad marketing? :p

I'd be interested in the project :)

Back
Top Bottom