Chav scum webcam

Suspended
A 19-year-burglar has just begun an 11-month stretch at Her Majesty's Pleasure after he was captured burgling a house by the owner's webcam. Fed-up software engineer Duncan Grisby set up the surveillance system following a previous burglary three years before. It recorded deliciously crisp images of Benjamin Park who delighted police immediately identified.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/02/17/chav_burglar/

Man of Honour
jr_123 said:
Haha, what a tart :p
I claim this n00b

And tell him his sig is over limits :p

[edit]Nice one
icon14.gif

Soldato
Cambridge magistrates heard that Park - who has more than 13 previous convictions for theft, and was on bail for attempted burglary when he struck at Grisby's hi-tech domicile - lifted computer equipment and other property with a value of almost £4,000 from the house. They jailed him for 11 months.
13!!!!!
OMFG why do they bother letting him OUT?
19 years old, lets say first offence was at what, 10? thats more than one a YEAR!

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I thought 11 months was too short considereing he had 13 convictions for theft and was also on bail for attempted burglary.

Soldato
squiffy said:
I guess the house owner must have set up a upload server for the web caps?
The Register said:
"He then stole the computer but it didn't matter because Mr Grisby had set it up so that as it was recording it was sending the images to an email address. When the break-in was discovered Mr Grisby simply gave us the email address and we were able to watch several minutes of footage and say: 'That's Ben Park'."
On a different note, the title of this thread is a bit misleading. Throwing the words "chav scum" (the name of a well-known website) in the title then quoting an article which uses the term "owner" in a fairly ambiguous context confused me for a second. Turns it it's just that news story from months ago :o

Man of Honour
VeNT said:
well, I'm asuming here 100%
but I'd of thought that if your under 10 or so its your 'rents who get charged
I'm just wondering why you guessed at an age for him to start like to get that many convictions he'd have to have been a thief for an exact amount of years.

Back
Top Bottom