Im out of ideas.. can you help?

Soldato
Ive got my mates pc here, having some trouble with it.

Consists of...

Barton 2500 (333 fsb)

MSI KT4V mobo (based on via kt 400)

2 x 512 crucial DDR333

Geforce Ti4200

Basically it was cutting out whenever he tries to copy a dvd. gaming and everythings fine, just that.

Now it bsods as windows is loading, however i cleared cmos and i cant do anything as it wont boot til i reenter the bios values, but i cant do that as it wont accept my keyboard (through usb or that other one)

Its not the psu, ive tried mine, and ive tried my ram too.

So does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Don
Defcon5 said:
I cant find a bios for this exact board, would a similar board do?

MSI do a utility that finds it all for you... can remember the name of it but it lets you flash your BIOS in Windows.... really cool

Stelly

Associate
If your having trouble using a MS keyboard and you can't gain access to the bios or other features its because every time an MS keyboard is swapped out/changed/messed around with it will automatically reset the F Lock to the 'off' position. Disabling all function keys and any advanced features of the keyboard.

Beyond that I can't see why your keyboard wouldn't work in another system...?

Soldato
Now it bsods as windows is loading, however i cleared cmos and i cant do anything as it wont boot til i reenter the bios values, but i cant do that as it wont accept my keyboard (through usb or that other one)
Any chance your putting 'that other one' (PS2 I trust) in when the mahines on?
Finding a BIOS for the board is an absolute sinch (www.google.com > MSI KT4V) KT4V (Pure/Basic Version) BIOS's on right) BUT it should be only as a last resort if you know what your doing.

This board...KT4V (Pure/Basic Version)

Back
Top Bottom