• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

EVGA is exchanging the 7900 GT's

Associate
Hi guys
Just got a call from one of the employees at EVGA and he informed me that my 7900 gt superclocked was going to be exchanged with another "modified" version of the 7900 gt superclocked. SHould i be worried? Has anyone else been notified?
Do you think that might do something to the "modified" card so we can not overclock them?
ANyone out there with info?

Soldato
There have been various problems with preoverclocked 7900GT & 7900GTX cards & this must be a preemptive response to getting many RMA's.

see this ... http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17579648

Originally Posted by Guru3D forums
According to eVGA, the problem belongs to nVIDIA. He informed me that only 2% of all of their cards are bad. He said that it is a problem with the resistors and the chip and that no mod, no BIOS update, no heatsink, nothing will alleviate the problem and that the card will need to be replaced. I asked him if I could just RMA it now for a card that works and he told me that they have no way to tell which cards are good nor bad and that a serial number algorithm makes no difference. Basically, they don't know when or how the problem started but they know what the problem is and they are all working together to have a fix. This "fix" is projected to be completed within the next couple of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom