Best ddr2 for overclocking?

Associate
I like most on here am anticipating the release of the conroe.

Currently I have a Msi 955x with a 950 cpu. Im using corsair value ram 2gb worth (2 x 2x512mb ddr667). Ive read conflicting reviews as to whether you can overclock the value ram or not.

I know I will need a new motherbaord when conroe arrives...ill sell soonish to get a good price for my goods. By hard going back to a amd 2800 setup though :(

Im fairly new to overclocking but want to try it when i get the conroe. Am I best sticking with what I have or buying something else?

Recommendations are appreciated.

Cheers

Kyhoola

Associate
OP
May be helpful to describe the rig I will be building...sorry.

Either top end Asus board or Msi.
Geforce 7900GTX 512mb model or Radeon 512mb X1900Xt-x
1 x Raptor 74gb
Coolermaster stacker 830 case
Thermaltake 680w power supply

OcUK Staff
HI there

We had Corsair PC2-8500 running at over 1200MHz stable which is good as its only rated for 1000Mhz. :)

We've also now got full ranges from Crucial, Corsair and G.Skill available too. Along with some GeIL modules and some OCZ modules too. There is a good selection at OcUK. :)

Associate
OP
Gibbo said:
We've also now got full ranges from Crucial, Corsair and G.Skill available too. Along with some GeIL modules and some OCZ modules too. There is a good selection at OcUK. :)

I only use OcUK for all my PC needs now....unless they dont stock a particular item.

:) :) :)

Back
Top Bottom