• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Direct 10.0 To Be Vista Only?

Soldato
http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/articleprint.html?art=MTA0NQ==

DirectX 10 will be available to Windows Vista users only at its introduction. You will not find DirectX 10 being released for the Windows XP operating system. DirectX 10 is deeply embedded into Windows Vista operation and we currently know of no plans by Microsoft to allow Windows XP to officially support the new API. Also embedded into Windows Vista is DirectX 9.0L to allow for compatibility with DirectX 9 components. Think of it like two separate DirectX systems. We will have DirectX 9.0L for DirectX 9 hardware and we will have DirectX 10 for DirectX 10 capable hardware. If you want DirectX 10 you will have to go with Windows Vista as your OS. Because of this we will see an expensive upgrade path associated with the experience of DirectX 10. You will need Windows Vista, DirectX 10 hardware and of course some DirectX 10 coded games.

Errr is this true?

Soldato
Dr Jones said:
I love the internet. ;)

But I heard Vista is very tight and safe on the internet front. *wink wink*

It is, but they also say that all the fancy transparent stuff and other fancy features will only be available on a registered version, so they obviously expect it to be available on pirate.

Associate
Stellios said:
It is, but they also say that all the fancy transparent stuff and other fancy features will only be available on a registered version, so they obviously expect it to be available on pirate.

I could live without that :p

Soldato
Stellios said:

There's always Windowsblind... objectdock... or perhaps Desktop X :D

Soldato
One thing I really don't understand is - with Vista demanding so much hardware power - how are Gamers gonna benefit when it's hardware is exhausted on Vista?

Permabanned
I wont be buying into DX10 Vcard/Vista until it has been out for a while and/or I see some mind altering performance and graphics differences. I've been duped before. Guess we will have to wait and see.

S

Soldato
Sharkypal said:
I wont be buying into DX10 Vcard/Vista until it has been out for a while and/or I see some mind altering performance and graphics differences. I've been duped before. Guess we will have to wait and see.

S

I was still on 98se when xp had been out for a while. I only upgraded when the games/hardware I wanted did not support win 98se.

Associate
Sharkypal said:

S

Me too, I also think I will need some mind altering drugs as well ;)

Permabanned
Nobski said:
Me too, I also think I will need some mind altering drugs as well ;)

Hehe, Im looking forward to Vista but Ill need to see some real world Graphical/Performance advantages before spending a load of money. Im all for spending the cash if its worth it as I am sure many here are.

S

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom