How many stabbings this week?

Soldato
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/5022028.stm

I swear this is at least the fifth stabbing incident I've read about this week, and quite frankly it's disgusting. Can the government not do anything???? They should apply the same rules as guns, and if you are caught carrying a knife you should be locked up. If every kid who was carrying a knife dropped dead now, our country would be much safer :mad: :mad:

Associate
There was a stabbing in newcastle on tuesday - at a barbers on nelson st, outside the grainger market.

The woman that was stabbed - the scary thing is i often pass past the barbers and see her in there and always seemed to be a happy person when i passed.

I passed there at about 4:30 on tuesday 1 hour later she had been stabbed and died outside of work.

I hope they get the person that done it and put him away for life and then end up getting tourched in prision for the rest of his life.

Read in the paper that she had 3 kids - now with out a mam because of some screwed up person

Soldato
I'm not sure what can be done. This Knife amnesty thing is a load of tosh though, anyone who is actually going to stab somone isn't going to give their knife away, it just makes people feel safer, Banning knives isn't going to do anything either, just like Dunblane, if they banned them it would be a pointless knee jerk reaction which just harms the people who use them lawfully.

Soldato
There were loads of polics by the side of a main road today asking for advice on a fatal incident that happened. I don't know what is was though as I was on the bus.

Permabanned
There was a pic of a police officer clutching a Bat'leth in t'Metro...With the caption '...showing a 5 foot long blade designed for decapitation...'

*n

Soldato
OP
Ban the sale and possession of all weapon-designed knives. When I was 14, my mate used a solo card to order a vast array of lethal knives.

Instead, the government are too busy trying to ban harmless BB guns. Pathetic.

Associate
the scary thing is with the stabbing in newcastle - it as sometime between 4:50 and 5:00pm i walked along the bottom of the steet it happened on when i was going for the bus, the stabbing happened at about 5:10pm (or was noticed then). Northumbria Police are asking for people who were in the area after 4:30pm to ring them.

I sat thinking did i see anthing at that time, then when i thought, there was a lot of people in that street and i did hear shouting - ring the police let them know what i heard etc - it might mean nothing to me but could be a lot of help to them.

I think the problem is a lot of people when this happens will think - it will be no help to the police if i tell them this, they will think im wasting their time but really even the smallest of things can help them a lot more than what you think.

Associate
yeah, the other slant on it is, people who were in the area might not think they saw anything worth reporting. but someone else might have seen them and reported that. simply informing the police that you were there might help them rule out leads that they would otherwise waste time pursuing.

Associate
MrWhippy said:
yeah, the other slant on it is, people who were in the area might not think they saw anything worth reporting. but someone else might have seen them and reported that. simply informing the police that you were there might help them rule out leads that they would otherwise waste time pursuing.

thats if they answer the phone when you ring - as i heard shouting in the area as i passed ive been trying to ring to atleast give some info - they transfer me to the ext which rings, and rings, and rings then cuts off.

Im sure the one on the transfer desk is getting as sick as i am of ringing and transfering. Im sure they are busy or possibly its because its late - but someone could be rining with vitial info.

Soldato
The government won't do anything, because it's full of people who are selfish and more concerned with their personal gain than the gain of the English society as a whole.

Why risk losing a decent wage for some people that got stabbed? Why speak up when everyone else who agrees is too scared to stand up and agree with you?

You couldn't even put my view across to the useless politicians of this country because all it takes is for one loud mouth to laugh, say a few words that no one uses in general speech, and everyone else will simply follow along.

Sometimes, I wish for Hitler to hurry up and be re-born; and that makes me sick to the stomach.

Phil.

Permabanned
So you're saying we should introduce a partial ban on knives simply because in the wrong hands, they can be used as offensive weapons?

Well, under that logic I guess we should ban scissors too, various tools, any sharp instruments, blunt heavy objects, since they are all potential weapons.

Arms and legs, they can be used to injure and kill people. I guess we should start amputating these limbs at birth to stop any beatings from occurring.

Soldato
penski said:
There was a pic of a police officer clutching a Bat'leth in t'Metro...With the caption '...showing a 5 foot long blade designed for decapitation...'

*n

same in my local paper but claimed it to be a martial arts sword :confused:

Soldato
penski said:

*n

Thats the one! Omg at that thing! Had two handles like a giant blade!

Permabanned
Too many, they are just going to create a worst society for there brothers and sisters and they dare take a knife out round town when they hit 18, I dare them.

The only knife I had was a 2" Swiss army pen knife and I was **** scared to even take that outside. I can remember lads saying knifes under 4" where ok to have on the street, ****.

I own this

p5260140small6kq.jpg

The blade is 3"

Its a great knife, still sharp had it 2 years and I'd never take it outside ever, it would slit a katana in two.

Last edited:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I have many knives and have a strange fascination with them. Bit strange really as the first time i was stabbed was when i was 7 by my mum for saying what 3 times. She had a migraine. :p
I saw her stab my first step dad aswell even though he had closed the front door on her she still managed to stab him through the glass.
Then she stabbed my third step dad but that was a bit more serious and she got taken to court for malicous wounding with intent to kill. Fortunetly he failed to turn up to court so there was no evidence and she got it thrown out.
I can't think why he didn't turn up at court. ;)
I remember being in a cell and the copper bringing the Sun newspaper in and saying Oi malc i thought you may want to read this. :p
Anyway despite having a lunatic as a mother who always attacks with a weapon of some sorts i am not intimidated by knives or any other kind of weapon.
One thing to note though is every time she has stuck a knife in someone it has been a kitchen knife.
Another thing to note is that 55 teenagers get run over every week. Shall we ban cars.
No we should lock up the nutters that do these crimes instead of blaming it on the weapon that is used.

I should add that i never take a knife out with me and fight with my fists.

Back
Top Bottom