Today I.....

Associate
Crashed :(

I was minding my own business driving to work (down the A34 towards Oxford) when someone for no reason what so ever slammed their brakes on :o (they were about 4-5 cars infront) Everyone in front slammed on their brakes (me included)....

We all safely come to a stop (im sure 2 cars infront needed a new pair of trousers as he just missed the guy infront of him ) when I look in my rear view mirror and see a 306 locking up its breaks, not too sure how fast he hit me but it looks like it made more damage to his that mine.

We managed to get over to the hard shoulder and exchange details, the guy was really apologetic. He was just very unlucky, he had to wait for a tow truck to move his (his bumper etc was hanging off).

Mine looked fine (apart from the exhaust was making a right racket) so I took it to my VW dealership. They had it up on the ramps it wasn't good news. It has pushed and crumpled the exhaust forwards and looks like it needs a complete new full system, it needs a new bumper and it has also pushed a panel in (that was what they found after taking a quick look).

The car is only worth £1500 (rough estimate) so im not too sure if they will repair it

Will be getting my courtesy car on Tuesday though

Will hopefully get some pictures up tomorrow of the damage.

Im a bit annoyed but at least everyone was ok (but it does mean yet again my insurance goes up like it did last time even though both of the accidents I have had are not my fault!!)

What has annoyed me more though (after thinking back) no-one else even stopped after the accident to see if we were ok/if we needed witnesses, they just drove round us :mad:

Soldato
bad news about the crash ! good job he stopped though...

as for others driving off, I witnessed someone getting run over in december last year, in the nicest way, running to their aid was the biggest mistake ive ever made...

Associate
OP
andybtsn said:
Tell us more!

*Hard luck about the crash mate, what VW was it?

It was just a mk3 8v, I did have another one which I really liked but someone decided to go through a give way section in a car park and slammed me into a new mini :p

I think VW's just jinx me :o

Soldato
Homer-Simpson said:
The car is only worth £1500 (rough estimate) so im not too sure if they will repair it

It shouldn't really matter what your car is worth mate. It was the other drivers fault so their insurance will have to fork out :p

Something similar happened to me when someone crashed into my bike. There was £2300 worth of damage but my bike was only worth £2500 at the most. The other party's insurance company tried to tell me that it would be cheaper for them to replace my bike with another second hand model. I told them to stuff it. If it would have cost £5000 to get my bike repaired then they would still have to fork out for it :D
Don't be bullied into anything. Tell them to get it repaired regardless of the cost ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
basically ive been hounded by the police and the girl who got ran over ever since, she put in for some massive compensation claim (when in reality, its her fault she didnt look before she crossed) and I was very reluctant to assist in the case against the driver after that. The woman made a genuine mistake and is going to get anihilated for it (however it does turn out she didnt have tax, insurance or an MOT (I think it might have been without a license also !!))

Back
Top Bottom