What time does the 24hr asda shut?

Soldato
SiriusB said:
There is a distinct paradox with your question.

SiriusB

I used to get this all the time when I worked at a 24 hour Tesco. Yes it is open 24 hours, but this actually doesn't mean much. 24 hours when? there are 168 hours in a week, so what 24 hours are we talking about? Actually it was closed from 22:00 on a sat to 8:00 on a monday. so that's 34 hours less per week = 134 hours, so it can still be open '24 hours' and still be closed.

Wow who'd have thunk it.

Soldato
whitecrook said:
I used to get this all the time when I worked at a 24 hour Tesco. Yes it is open 24 hours, but this actually doesn't mean much. 24 hours when? there are 168 hours in a week, so what 24 hours are we talking about? Actually it was closed from 22:00 on a sat to 8:00 on a monday. so that's 34 hours less per week = 134 hours, so it can still be open '24 hours' and still be closed.

Wow who'd have thunk it.

I was actually joking. I should have perhaps embellished my comment with a :), :D or :p. Oh well :D

SiriusB

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
KaHn said:
its 10pm saturday iirc.

KaHn

Also another question, does anyone know if the 24hr Asda's have 24hr booze licences? :D

The 24hr Tescos do, however. I thought it was midnight, but the store in Hucknall, I was WELL out of my way - there is an Asda about 100metres away(NG2 7xx) were selling bottles of smirnoff to a couple at... 1.30am! They double checked with the manager and he said 24hour booze licence. Madness.

Associate
Mikol said:
The 24hr Tescos do, however. I thought it was midnight, but the store in Hucknall, I was WELL out of my way - there is an Asda about 100metres away(NG2 7xx) were selling bottles of smirnoff to a couple at... 1.30am! They double checked with the manager and he said 24hour booze licence. Madness.

Ah, not sure then but the ASDA in Wolverhampton, come midnight they block the isles off with boxes and stock and what not so you can't get in them unless you climb over.

I guess each one has a different license then as I imagine they have to pay for it and only pay for the ones where they can sell enpugh at those times to make it worth while?

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
dboundy said:
Ah, not sure then but the ASDA in Wolverhampton, come midnight they block the isles off with boxes and stock and what not so you can't get in them unless you climb over.

I guess each one has a different license then as I imagine they have to pay for it and only pay for the ones where they can sell enpugh at those times to make it worth while?

Oh no, sorry. The ASDA up the road stop at 12 too. Tescos this was bud, but I'm not sure how they wangled that one !!

Soldato
the licence for 24hour stores and selling drinks is different per store. It depends on a lot of factors. for instance a store in a "bad place" for drinking will probably not get a licence for 24hr drinking.

However My store has a 24 licence but doesnt infact open 24/7 :confused: lol

Permabanned
Overlag said:
the licence for 24hour stores and selling drinks is different per store. It depends on a lot of factors. for instance a store in a "bad place" for drinking will probably not get a licence for 24hr drinking.

However My store has a 24 licence but doesnt infact open 24/7 :confused: lol

Only somthing like 1000 stores applied for a 24 hour licence, seeing as WW3 has not started since the OMFG WTG 24 HOUR pubs EEEK.

It was watered down by the fact most compaines coudlnt be arsed paying the wages for 24 hours a day.

Id check with your local store for beerage in the near future or just stock up on deals at the many shops around towns.

Back
Top Bottom