Amped 3

Permabanned
I've played SSX and amped on the old Xbox and rather enjoyed them as relaxing games to swoosh around on so I rented Amped 3 to see what it was like.

It is not hard as such but it is strangely addictive, so many ramp and rail challenges and I just want to get a Silver instead of the bronze so I'll have one more go. An hour later I get the Silver and now I want the Gold, I am sure I can do it.

The in-game commentary and story line are utterly mental. A sort of stoners eye view of the world mixed in with lots of early Arcade game style and manga story telling. I had to avoid "snow sharks" and finally sat through the "Big Musical Finale". I mean WTF......WTF indeed???
It is surreal but it is funny. I was laughing away at the monty python / southpark animation of the "boy band" doing their rap routine.
Most of the time my character wore a pink bunny suit to please my daughter, the rest of the time he was dressed as a Yeti and sometimes as an evil Gnome.

Ok you're thinking - is VIRII on crack or something I thought it was a snowboarding game? Well yeah it is a snowboarding game and a good one with a massive dose of WTF thrown in. I've really enjoyed it. Still got a few bits to do and I don't think I'll bother with trying to get "Greater Snow God" but it's made me chuckle and shake my head in equal measure and the actual boarding bits have been good, very good.

All in I'd give this game a 7.5 out of 10. For comparison I'd give Kameo 8.5 and Kong about 4, Call of Duty 9.5

I'd love to hear what anyone else thought of the game.

Soldato
Still looking to get my hands on this cheaply :(

Can't really afford more games right now :(

How does this compare the amped 1/2? found those ok to a point then impossibly difficult :(

Soldato
Im really enjoying this after picking it up from a competitor for under £20.

As you say it is very easy to get caught up with trying to get a better medal or even if you thing you can get a better score on one little challenge.

Im on Act III at the moment i think. Getting annoyed with "magic circle" challenges atm.

Permabanned
I played the demo and loved it, selling TW 06 PGA Tour as its utter pap on a SDTV.

Psymonkee said:
Cheap enough but Out of Stock :(

Damn, I was gonna get it and get 4% cashback aswell, some guy on ebay is selling the link to get it for £18 for £3 but its sold out. :mad:

Ordered it should get it soon as back in stock.

Last edited:
Associate
I think I will pick upa copy with my 360 since it is so cheap, does it have an online mode at all? That would be kinda nice.

I do enjoy snowboarding games to chill out to (no pun intended) and with the added 'WTF'as you put it this sounds like a laugh.

Associate
It's a fun game. I bought it for relaxing sessions but have instead got hooked on getting gold medals for everything and can almost get as frustrated as the boss in DOA4 :)

But at least it is nice to just go with the snow when those medals get too hard.

Permabanned
OP
I have completed the storymode and to get the last achievements I have to get a medal on every single challenge on every slope.
To be honest that'll do my head in because there are a gazillion of them.
As it is on rental I'll return it now, might pick it up 2nd hand cheaply some time in the future to squeeze out those last few gold medals but I think it'll frustrate me no end and I want it for chilling out.

Magic circles and kitty cleanup challenges are bar stewards aren't they lol.

I particularly enjoy the sledging challenges where the object is to seriously damage yourself lol. WTF indeed.

Permabanned
This game was awesome. I only had it for a short period due to my insatiable gamerscore cravings. But much like Condemned it was a fantastic coupla days. I love skate/surf/snowboard games because i do or have done each sport. The games are great, these are sports that translate well because purely and simply you can be 'cool' in about 30mins instead of training at it for the best part of a decade.

I tried to GOLD every part of every mountain as i went along. Although some bits were not possible to GOLD until you had gotten higher stats so i left about 5 or 6 and one of which i remember being a bugger to find! Impressing the spectators wasnt too hard, finding them was a pain for a bit but basically this was a 2 day 1000. Although even Wyrdo (who i picked it up off) was impressed that i did it in 2 days but then i really did that and nothing else cos im a big sadsack at times lol.

Great game tho, no more than 8/10 but thats hardly bad is it.

Back
Top Bottom