Belkin 7633 .17 firmware telnet disabled :-(

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I just bought this router in order to perform the manual SNR tweak, it turns out after lots of searching that the new 17 firmware disables the telnet interface!

Does anyone have any idea's how i may switch this back on? It was the only reason i bought the damn thing :( If i try and upload the 11 firmware from belkins site it tells me that the "upload failed due to containing an illegal image"

Dont know what to do from here :'( Anyone any idea's at all??

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
OP
I'm pulling my hair out mate :( Its completely gone as confirmed by a few posts on adslguide. I cant seem to work out a way to downgrade either

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
OP
Shipped on the router mate, belkin support are absolutely utterly clueless, they just literally hang up on me as soon as i get insistant that there must be a way to enable telnet. They dont even seem to know what telnet is :(

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
OP
Utilities > Firmware Updates > Updating

Image uploading failed. The selected file contains an illegal image.

:'( Cheers anyway dude

Soldato
Jez said:
Utilities > Firmware Updates > Updating

Image uploading failed. The selected file contains an illegal image.

:'( Cheers anyway dude

sorry to hear that :( i ordered one as well so i guess its going have the .17 firmware as well.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
OP
Dont bother mate, its useless :/ Speaking (finally!) to a manager at belkin tech support he advised that the only way to access the telnet functions was to either wait for a new firmware for the V1144, or to buy a V1000 which comes with .09 as standard.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
OP
Ive bought another one mate :) Got a version 1001 which means firmware .09 which i have now upped straight off to .11

Bloody excellent router!! Thanks to the SNR tweak and excellent chipset (it synced higher than any of my other routers without having to do anything) i am now synced solidly at 3500k, or in other words enough for my BRAS profile to hit 3000k data rate, which is 375KB/s :) Not bad for a 62DB 5.5k line i think you will agree!

Soldato
Jez said:
Ive bought another one mate :) Got a version 1001 which means firmware .09 which i have now upped straight off to .11

Bloody excellent router!! Thanks to the SNR tweak and excellent chipset (it synced higher than any of my other routers without having to do anything) i am now synced solidly at 3500k, or in other words enough for my BRAS profile to hit 3000k data rate, which is 375KB/s :) Not bad for a 62DB 5.5k line i think you will agree!

Yes im same on bully , shocking line, the belkin got me from 1.5mb to 3mb , holds the low snr great, much better than the 834GT(which supposedly has the same chipset)

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
OP
Just to warn future buyers of this router, which is excellent by the way.

DO NOT BUY THE V1144UK MODEL, IT IS SHIPPED WITH 1.00.17, IT DOES NOT SUPPORT TELNET, THEREFORE ONLY HAS A VERY BASIC FEATURESET

!!! :)

Associate
Just got this router today with 1.00.17 firmware. Read a post over on the adslguide forums that said you can use ssh (specifically axessh program) in palce of telnet for this firmware revision. I;ve tried it and it works a treat for SNR tweaking.

Caporegime
I'm going to buy this router from ******* today chaps, heard very good things about it. Is t best paired with a Belkin wireless PCI card, and if so can you reccommend which mdoel pleas? Currently in D-link hell, and this snr tweak seems great as I have a really crappy line... :)

EDIT - Me too.

Last edited:
Associate
oops, forgot where I was[edit]

I like this router after using it for a couple of days but 2 things annoy me.

1. Still can't get it to work with the BT Broadband Talk module (10V). Even if I mirror the settings over from my old Netgear router.
2. You can't reserve DHCP addresses by MAC address.

Last edited:
Caporegime
boosfuk said:
Remember to to the "collect from store" option online and save £15.

Holy poo I didn't realise you could do that, I just thought it meant the item was available in-store... almost seems too good to gbe true saving £15 just for ordering it at home and picking it up... cheers mate! :D

Would you reccommend the Belkin F5D7001uk 125mb/s Wireless PCI card to go with it? :)

Back
Top Bottom