Best HDMI cable?

Associate
I am the owner of a 40" Sony LCD TV, thought id go with them as they are the best at this sort of thing.

Will be getting Sky HD box at the end of the month, but was wondering whats the best HDMI cable available? Some say that it doesnt matter as the signal is a digital one, is that true, or would there be a noticeable difference?

Associate
I have a QED reasonably expensive one, and a happy shopper/Lidels type cheapy, off of fleabay.

Running from a Pioneer 868 to a 50" Pioneer plamsa, doesn't show any form of difference that I can detect with my abeit tired eyes.

I would personally go with a cheap cable, and see if your happy, rather than blowing serious pounds on something that may make no difference what so ever.

Soldato
danceMB said:
I am the owner of a 40" Sony LCD TV, thought id go with them as they are the best at this sort of thing.

Will be getting Sky HD box at the end of the month, but was wondering whats the best HDMI cable available? Some say that it doesnt matter as the signal is a digital one, is that true, or would there be a noticeable difference?

Incorrect in that regardless of it being digital it is carried on a medium that can recieve interference ie metal. Would be true if HDMI was optical but it aint so a good quality cable is still worthwhile. As to which I dunno as my cheapy £10 one seems to serve me fine :)

Associate
OP
In the booklet it did say "Best to use Sony HDMI cable" but because its the sony instructions, of course it would :p

Im just not sure really, there was a Belkin one for £60, but there are a lot of cable around at various prices. I know that most things like a sound cable would matter, but I suppose I should just buy whatever one as people say with digital it doesnt matter as much, not much of a difference.

It is a 40" screen. At the moment I have it as a Scart cable before my HD box arrives. Will I notice an instant improvement when I plug the HD in for all channels?

Associate
"To be honest there isn't much if any of a difference in quality between high end and low end HDMI cables. Keep your money."

seconded ! I havn't found any significant difference in the more expensive cables

Back
Top Bottom