Want one like mine?

Soldato
http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210881

Just found this after browsing the 200sx thread link, I know the car as I helped SVA it at the factory..

Vortx002.jpg

Vortx021.jpg

Vortx024.jpg

MNR VortX RT+
Kawasaki ZX12R Bike Engined Seven Replica

The car was a Factory Build in 2005 and was SVA'd and registered in November 2005...Yes, it is fully road legal!!!

The Vortx RT+ is Designed and Developed with the Serious Track Day and Race Track User in mind but is also very useable on the road...It is exceptional in that it typically weighs under 400kg kilos with a Bike Engine fitted (that is some 50-100kg lighter than similar Caterhams or Westfields!) and its chassis is developed by a race car engineer and former Touring Car driver!

www.mnrltd.co.uk

Its performance and handling are simply breathtaking!

Another appeal is that it has a long cockpit and wider footwell and so can comfortably accomodate tall drivers & large feet!

TECH SPEC:
•Dedicated Bike Engine Chassis
•Long cockpit accomodates the taller driver (current owner 6'5)
•Fully Powder Coated Chassis & Wishbones
•Fully Rose jointed Independent Suspension All Round.
•Chassis Constructed From Round Section 16 & 18 Gauge Tubing.
•Lighter And Stiffer Construction
•Triangulated And Braced Front And Rear Floor Pans
•Additional Rear Bulkhead And Diff Area Triangulation
•Additional Front Bulkhead And Foot Area Triangulation
•T45 Rear Roll Hoop With Diagonal And Stays
•Fully Integrated Rear Chassis Section for Improved Fuel Tank Protection, With Crushable Rear Structure to Absorb Rear Impacts.
•Easily Removable Rose jointed Rear Strut Brace, To Enable Quick Differential Change.
•Side Bracing For Greater Protection In Side Impacts
•Easily Adjustable Front and Rear Tracking, Camber, Castor and Stagger.
•In-Board Front Suspension
•ProTech Adjustable Shock Absorbers (plus 2pairs of different Spring Rates)
•Floor Mounted Pedal Box With Brake Balance Adjuster.
.Raceleda Race Spec Front End Set-Up: Ally Hubs,Uprights,Race Callipers,Discs & Pads
•30litre Fuel Tank
•X2 Intatrim seats (driver seat is adjustable via 4 bolts)
•TRS MotorSport approved 4 point harnesses
•RaceTec Gauges, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Water Temp & Fuel
•Omex Shift Light Pro (adjustable shift point)
•Team Dynamics 15" Light Weight Alloys
•Toyo T1-S Tyres 195/50/15 - only done 1200miles
•Gel Coated Bodywork - White

ENGINE:
* 180bhp Kawasaki ZX12R motorcycle engine refreshed before going into this car only having covered 5800miles (It has now done 1200miles in this car)
* Kawasaki Ignition
* Kawasaki Clocks
* Pace Dry Sump Kit
* Power Commander, Fully Mapped (USB version - Latest Spec)
* Mocal Oil Cooler Kit with Braided Stainless Steel Pipes
* K&N Filters
* Road Legal Exhaust Silencer
* MHP Race Silencer

TRANSMISSION:
* 6 speed Sequential Gearbox
* Uprated Clutch Springs
* Quaiffe Reverse Box
* Uprated High Tensile Transmission Bolts

PERFORMANCE:

* Power-To-Weight-Ratio 450bhp per tonne
* 0-60mph 3.5secs
* 0-100mph circa 8secs
* Top Speed geared to about 135mph in 6th
* Extremely Quick!
(Accelerates like a scalded cat with an induction roar to die for!)

SECURITY:

* Cat 1 Alarm & Immobiliser
* Quick Release Steering Wheel
* Car Cover

"I think that's everything!"

Reason for this regretable sale is a change in my personal circumstances.....

I am the first and only owner of this car...

The car has cost me over £19k to build and prepare to this spec! (Receipts available)
No expense has been spared with all work being professionally undertaken improving the car still further over and above the factory build....All with a view of enjoying it this Spring & Summer.

Furthermore, I have a Portfolio of Photos of the car in various stages of its build at MNR which can be emailed by request.

This car is only 6months old, it has been fettled and improved over the winter to a very high standard, has only covered 1200miles and now wants for nothing....
It drives beautifully and looks stunning but regretably I am not able to keep it to enjoy!

It truly is the perfect buy for someone to just jump in and enjoy to the full with all the work having been done for you....

Remember it is fully road legal so can be used for those weekend drive-outs and also lends itself to being the ideal Track Day/Sprint or Race car!

Much lighter than a Caterham or Westfield, the performance and handling is simply amazing! You wont be disappointed but don't expect the Caterham & Westfield driver to like you passing them!

The car is priced to sell, it has not seen a track yet,so be the first to Track and revel in this stunning beautifully prepared car for just £12995 OVNO

:D

Suspended
my uncle finished building his about 4-5 months ago, powered by and R1 engine and is coloured black and yellow.

Nice as a weekend thing or track car but im not sure id want to be in an accident with one!

Not sure i like it in white or with the huge roll bar over the top but i do like them as cheap sporty motors.

Permabanned
MNuTz said:
Nice as a weekend thing or track car but im not sure id want to be in an accident with one!

Not as bad as you'd think - most caterfields have a decently-designed spaceframe chassis that is fully triangulated. The corners act as crumple zones - especially if the rear is IRS.

*n

Soldato
tom_nieto said:
Would love something like that as a toy. Saying that though, I'm sure a good bike is more fun just for a weekend toy.

probably quite close, in a straight line not much in it, and this will take corners far faster....and you're less likely to die in the face :D

Tom.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Mr_Sukebe said:
I do wonder about servicing on it. How do you get the engine checked? Wonder whether the local bike dealer would do it?

yeah I did wonder about things like this.

Suspended
penski said:
Not as bad as you'd think - most caterfields have a decently-designed spaceframe chassis that is fully triangulated. The corners act as crumple zones - especially if the rear is IRS.

*n

The only time ive ever seen one in an accident was when one pulled out in front of oncoming traffic. The car hit right against the drivers side and killed him outright!

There still isnt a lot of metal there to protect you against a speeding car or a lamp post!

Don
To be fair, there isnt many cars that would survive a T-Bone impact on the roads at the moment!

Looks very tidy, although Im not so sure on the over-inflated roll bar. Seems far too high!

Soldato
OP
Mr_Sukebe said:
I do wonder about servicing on it. How do you get the engine checked? Wonder whether the local bike dealer would do it?

Any Kawasaki main delaer can service the motor, and they are happy to take your funds...

Chassis service is again home mechanic or local shop....

Reality is, the service on the engine is actually very simple, something a reasonably competent mechanic can achieve...

Plugs, Filters, Oil, and shims every 12000 miles I believe...

Clutch is a trickier item, as access isnt as good as a bike, but again, home mechanic works and the dry sump makes oil leakage far less likely..

No its not an advert for the car :rolleyes: as I dont own it, I merely found a near identical car to my own, which I helped the factory SVA, and knowing the vast quantity of petrolheads here I thought I would point it out...

Some people are just way too cynical these days..

:p

The roll bar was designed for a 6' 5" driver, same as mine, wearing a crash helmet, to comply with current MSA regs...

That means with that roll bar, you can race... its not a cosmetic joby like most 7's on the road today, and its made of extremely thinwall and hence very light but strong T45 tubing so its effect on the handling is negligible...

This baby grips like **** to a blanket and has no need for ARB's, its that good!

:D

Back
Top Bottom