Day of Defeat:Source: Two new maps coming: Preview here

Soldato
http://games.internode.on.net/content.php?mode=reviews&id=29&co=y

Dod_colmar and Dod_Jagd

Two new maps, both "objective based" rather than CTF.

About time too I reckon!!!. :cool:

Jagd

thumbnails2uk.jpg

Colmar

thumbnails24la.jpg

Soldato
ungh jagd was awful before and it will be awful again :( Too many maps just for public play, objective based maps will never take off in clan play imo. Dont get me wrong though, happy to see some more content, hopefully the update will fix the crouching hitboxes too. :)

Caporegime
I just wish valve would fix those god awful smg's, the spread of those things is beyond a joke, not a bit of wonder anytime someone kills you with one hes usually running at you holding down the mouse button. :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
snow patrol said:
why can't they release a beach map....or a wide open country map...or something that isn't a city/town...!

Yep, I agree.

I'd like to see a beach map. A Source version of Overlord or Omaha would be awesome.

The last project on this subject that I thought looked good, was Waldo's Dod_Foxgreen map.

However, after him moving away to a new job from the Dev team at Valve, it's kinda "died the death" and I haven't heard much from him on the issue.

Originally posted by Waldo
Some pics of a beach map I've been making off and on lately. Based on the D-Day landings at Fox Green on Omaha Beach.

The main battle at Fox Green was over WN60 - a German stronghold at the top of the bluff.

These are probably too dark right now. Light is straight out of one of the HL2 coastline maps - maybe a bit too gray/dim, but the sun does look kind of cool behind the trees.

Click pics for full size images.

View on the beach

Up towards WN60, the Axis stronghold

Caporegime
BRING BACK DOD HILL!!!!

That map was fun as hell back in the day, was really sniper orientated but winning the map was very satisfying. :)

Id also like to see a remake of CAEN without all the dod team added camping spots that slowed the map down and made ti boring as hell to play. Amazing how that map was considered the de_dust of dod and now its not even an official map due to them toolin around with it. :mad:

Soldato
OP
Gerard said:
BRING BACK DOD HILL!!!!

That map was fun as hell back in the day, was really sniper orientated but winning the map was very satisfying. :)

Yep, defo agree with you there Gerard m8. That would be classic. :cool:

There's a plethora of custom maps out there that work very well indeed, although the official maps just seem to have that extra "something".

Our own [TFS]El Capitan has produced a really good custom map called Dod_Subterrainia:-

http://www.dodnetwork.com/el/sub10/

http://www.tfs.shoebox.me.uk/index.php?topic=450.msg4249;topicseen#msg4249

It's a bit of a change from the normal "town" maps, but we have taken it off the server rotation for now while El Cap works on the b3/b4 version and irons out a few rough edges.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
Looking good, i always end up going back to dod, such a fun and well balanced game.
Edit: Looking at those pictures mind the new gamemode looks suspiciously like the bomb cs gametype...

Last edited:
Soldato
gah another update for DOD:S
its not as good as DOD was, the whole hitbox thing is a joke tbh,
fix the bugs, release it at 50% of the price and you MAY get more people playing!

Back
Top Bottom