• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

x1900 xt or xtx?

Associate
just want to know what are people's opinions on the connect 3d x1900 xtx and asus x1900 xt.
which would be better? i know the connect3d one is 100mhz faster but i heard the fan its pretty noisy and the xt can be easily oveclocked at xtx speeds

Soldato
I would just go for the XT and clock it to XTX speeds, i'd never choose one card over another of the same type because of a higher clock speed, unless of course it was cheaper ;) It should be easy enough to clock it up and even if it doesn't go that far, the X1900 is still one sweat card ;)

Associate
the price of the cards aint too much different...if you are not wanting to puch it on the overclock go for the XTX...if your happy to push it go for the XT. My XTX can be overclocked a bit also...so thats something to bear in mind. I think the XTX's are hand picked cores that are gaurenteed to go faster than the standard XT's

Caporegime
If your not bothered about clocking the XTX then just go for the XT and clock it to an XTX which it will do, if you want to clock higher, then as said above the 1.1ns Ram on the XTX would give more headroom. :)

Associate
The Powercolor X1900XT's have the 1.1 memory, I asked some people fitting third party hsf to check and they all said 1.1 on modules. Mine has easily clocked to just over XT-X speeds in Overdrive and will benchmark higher but happy to run with this clock 655/ 775.

Back
Top Bottom