These temp's maybe to high, should i water cool?

Associate
I'v got the following temp's when both the CPU and GPU are in basically full load.

CPU: 49 C
NB: 55C :eek:
GPU: 65C

I'm not realy that good with knowing what chips are suposed to be at what temprature. But i think these temps are slightly to high?

There's no overlocking been done, front case fan is intake, rear exuast, and a side intake.

Any one got a rough guess at whats a nice temp for these to be at under load ?

Thanks you :p

Associate
OP
I thought it was too hot, i'm glad it's not tho :D

It's an Saphire Pure Innovation board
AMD x2 4.8
and the card is an Nvidia Geforce 7800 GT

Associate
OP
Gigabyte G-Power Pro i'm using.

Not a very good thing to have if your planing on sleeping with your system on, it's 21db at it's lowest rpm

Saying that, i don't have a rpm controller for the case fans, so they'll be on max i presume, must about about 27db on the 90mm fans, omg i'm changing subject!

Any ways lol, those temp's... they are not high enugh to make me think about fitting water cooling no ?

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replays guys, i am thinking about getting water cooling... i've never used it before so i'd be a first timer.

Are they louder than air cooling ?

That start kit looks pritty ace! :D

Permabanned
NachT said:
Thanks for the replays guys, i am thinking about getting water cooling... i've never used it before so i'd be a first timer.

Are they louder than air cooling ?

That start kit looks pritty ace! :D

louder ?!?! the pc is so damn quiet if it wasnt for the trickling water sound i wouldnt know it was on... :D

Soldato
Ive just ordered this
Swiftech H20-220 Apex "Ultra" Watercooling Kit.
To replace my G-Power, not that its a bad cooler, its just that ive never used WC and i fancy having a go.

Associate
OP
If i was to use a water cooling kit, could i turn off my case fans and keep a cool temp?

Wouldn't mind a trickling water sound, that'd be relaxing :D

Permabanned
NachT said:
If i was to use a water cooling kit, could i turn off my case fans and keep a cool temp?

Wouldn't mind a trickling water sound, that'd be relaxing :D

i wouldnt go that far unless your water cooling everything. but ive got low rpm 120mm fans, they give off about 14Db of sound, very quiet. when you water cool all you need is low rpm fans just to keep the air flowing.

Soldato
Theoretical yes but its not just the CPU that creates heat in the case, just about every component generates heat including:
CPU
GPU
Memory
N Bridge
S Bridge
Hard disks
So decent case cooling is important.
Either use quiter fans like Akasa Ambers or use some form of fan control either using software (speedfan or similiar) or hardware (manual fan controler, volt mods).

Associate
locutus is right... 2 x 120 mm fans bringing airflow through the case should be more than enough to keep chipsets cool (if they are actively cooled themselves)

Soldato
gr1mey said:
locutus is right... 2 x 120 mm fans bringing airflow through the case should be more than enough to keep chipsets cool (if they are actively cooled themselves)
True but a GFX card still probably produces the most heat in the case, especially if its an ATI card :p

Associate
OP
Hey guys, lets just say i have 2x fans and each fan is 20db... would the overall sound be 20db, 40db or somwere in betwean ?

Associate
NachT said:
Hey guys, lets just say i have 2x fans and each fan is 20db... would the overall sound be 20db, 40db or somwere in betwean ?

Umm if I remember my scales right I think 20db + 20db = 21db.. the scale is a logarithmic scale so pretty sure if I remember my maths to go up 1 db doubles the volume.

Back
Top Bottom