Grand Prix Masters - Silverstone 12-13 Aug. Anyone up for a meet?

Vix

Vix

Associate
Phil and I have booked our tickets for the Grand Prix Masters event. Info can be found here:

http://www.silverstone-circuit.co.uk/html/ra_gpm.php

Its a decent event - a good chance to see a lot of veteran F1 drivers - Nigel Mansell for instance - at a fraction of the cost of the F1 event. There are plenty of great viewing spots around the circuit, so you are guaranteed a great view, and photo opportunity, even if you don't pay the £60 for a grandstand seat. (We haven't!)

I have spoken to the campsite we stayed at for the Supercar event, and he is happy to open the site again for us. For those of you that didn't go, this is great as we virtually had the site to ourselves, could make as much noise as we wanted, facilities were fine and its well within walking distance of the circuit. We paid £20 per pitch which is very reasonable compared to other sites in the area.

Hopefully some people will be interested, its a good chance to have a motors meet as well as a good old drinking session and natter.

Yes - I will be making jelly.

List:

Camping:

vix
Kaiowas
L0rdmike
Tinkerbell

Not Camping:
DreederOcUK
Paradigm

Interested:
nicRob
Iamzod
Drunkenfool
Firestar3x
Overlag
Lukechad

Last edited:
Soldato
Ive booked tickets for this, just need to book the time off work, so, with any lucky ill be coming. Would be nice to meet a few OcUK members, I havent attended any OcUK meets yet, so i couldnt really so no to this one. That said camping is a bit too... erm.... outdoorsy for me, so ive booked in at the Towcester travelodge.

Vix

Vix

Associate
OP
Cool, well at least Dreeder can meet up with us at the circuit and maybe come to the pub (if we go), or have a BBQ with us on the Sat night. :)

Man of Honour
being august should be nicer weather as well :)..

oh and if andy comes we'll have to get some edible scorpions or something.

Vix

Vix

Associate
OP
Well, I aren't inviting anyone from anywhere else so yeah :) Phil and I would go anyway but its nice to have a meet up. And Richard Odell at the campsite seemed keen on having a group going.

Vix

Vix

Associate
OP
I've started a list in the first post - as its gonna be a meet, I guess I'd better be organised.

Richard Odell wants to be in touch a little closer to the event so that we can tell him how many tents will be there, so there is no pressure at the mo, but I might be hassling people nearer the time.

Back
Top Bottom