Are there any modular semi-passive PSU yet?

Associate
Hiya. I've seen that there are some PSU's now with a 120mm fan that only turns on when the power-consumption goes pretty high, which means that most of the time they're completely silent. None of those I've seen have been modular, which is a shame because I don't like having bundles of cables that I don't need clogging up the case.

So does anyone know of a semi-passive PSU with modular cables?

Cheers

Associate
OP
Thanks for that. Seems like a good alternative to the OCZ ModStream PSU I've got in my server, which unfortunately isn't stocked here anymore. The OCZ is extremely quiet; would be nice if it was silent most of the time though :)

Soldato
Bugblatter said:
Hiya. I've seen that there are some PSU's now with a 120mm fan that only turns on when the power-consumption goes pretty high, which means that most of the time they're completely silent. None of those I've seen have been modular, which is a shame because I don't like having bundles of cables that I don't need clogging up the case.

So does anyone know of a semi-passive PSU with modular cables?

Cheers

Not sure if it's Modular - till I get them come August.
But Antec Phantom 500Watt. Completely silent until it hits the specific heat threshold then 2 tiny fans kicks in (Not 120mm) - Reviews have shown it to be pretty silent even with the fans.

Associate
OP
That's a good-looking PSU, can't find anything about it being modular though.

I guess modular and semi-passive are still kinda niche, and no-one's thought to combine them yet.

Back
Top Bottom