What race are you?!

Suspended
I dunno. I reckon that 'human' is your species, not your ethnicity.

I still haven't figured out what my ethnicity is - if my nationality is British, does that make my ethnicity English? How about Caucasian? It's all very confusing.

Soldato
1. A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.
2. A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race.
3. A genealogical line; a lineage.
4. Humans considered as a group.
5. Biology.
1. An interbreeding, usually geographically isolated population of organisms differing from other populations of the same species in the frequency of hereditary traits. A race that has been given formal taxonomic recognition is known as a subspecies.
2. A breed or strain, as of domestic animals.
6. A distinguishing or characteristic quality, such as the flavor of a wine.

Yay ambiguity! I'm sure philosphers waste many sunny afternoons debating this one, but I'd settle for answer one.

In which case both my ethnicity and race is Anglo-Mauritian :D

Soldato
SiD the Turtle said:
Ooooh touché.

How do you define race then *runs off to find dictionary*.

Its hard to define...:o

but the human race is just a nice tagline....and only really makes sense if there were other advanced beings around...which is why you usually only find 'the human race' in sci fi and space related stuff :o

Back
Top Bottom