Are University Academic years getting shorter?

Caporegime
I ask because i notice that everyone has finished by now nad heading home, and its still the middle of May. 2 years ago i was in Brighton i remember i stayed in Halls, went to Glastonbury, and then went back to Uni to pack my things before i went home that week. Which is the last week of June. 6 weeks from now.

Am I alone in this or the years are getting shorter.

Associate
It is still term time, but all the assement is done\nearing done. Term doesn't end till the end of june, but thats just waiting for results. a lot of people go home as they are sick of living in a pigsty, have spent all their loan, and have nothing left to do....

GT3

GT3

Soldato
My friend didn't start till October, had half of december and all of January off. 3 weeks off for easter and he's been back for about 2 weeks already. Bloody part-timer.

Soldato
I finished my last exam on Wednesday (Mathematics for Computer Science) but I don't get kicked out of my halls until the 1st of July. However I am starting work for the summer before then so I'll need to leave. This year has gone fast though, it seemed only yesterday when I arrived here.

Soldato
Doohickey said:
I wish... My last official day of term is the 7th of July. Each of my academic years is getting longer as well, starting earlier than the last and finishing later... :(
knows the feeling :(

I get kicked out of halls before term finishes ffs

Associate
Up here in Edinburgh we finished lectures on the 26th March. After that I only had two exams, one on the 10th May and the other on the 15th May so the summer break had all but started in March.

Man of Honour
The terms don't seem to be getting that much shorter at my uni(Abertay Dundee), maybe marginally since I'm sure we had exams at the end of May a few years ago and this time I was done by the middle of May but we still start at the same time.

alx

alx

Soldato
At Bath 9th of June is when the last exams are, but you can leave whenever your exams have finished. June 12th is officially when you get kicked out of halls.

Next (academic) year we finish in May sometime as they decided to get rid of intersemester break :(

Soldato
My term finishes on the 16th, but it doesn't really make a difference as I'm staying around in Nottingham until early August anyways.

Back
Top Bottom