Going to Prague! Need help

Soldato
Hey all,
Myself and 2 mates are wanting to go to Prague for a long weekend 30th June - 3rd July.
Have had a look at a few travel sites but there are so many different deals that can't really make head or tail of it, am worried about hidden costs etc

Basically we would like to stay in a 4-5* hotel as were not desperate for money (were originally gonna go for a week but decided against it so now have a fair bit of money for a short break). We would want to depart from Gatwick, preferably departing Friday 30th morning and getting back 3rd July evening.

Does anyone have any recommendation's for good sites for prague price wise. Were looking to spend £300-350 each and would like a hotel with a gym, pool and massage service (;)).

Any help appreciated.

Soldato
Damn, you're going to have a great time.

If you didn't want a gym, massage, pool etc then i'd say get an apartment. I usually stay at a lovely penthouse place right off wescleslas (sp?) square.

Nice and secure, much nicer coming back to than a hotel room. Works out cheaper than a hotel.

Now, there are many Prague lovers here and Prague livers (Paras). I believe the hotel everyone raves about is the Josef or something? Really swanky looking. I think it's Rilot or Rotty who keeps going on about it.

If you go on expedia and list the dates they will show you loads of hotels, 5 star, 4 star, etc.

Soldato
OP
Cheers for the help, one of my mates going with me has just text me saying he has spoken to several people and they all say that Prague is a place for 'romantic couples'.
I thought the complete opposite about the place, anyone have any info?

Soldato
Richeh said:
Cheers for the help, one of my mates going with me has just text me saying he has spoken to several people and they all say that Prague is a place for 'romantic couples'.
I thought the complete opposite about the place, anyone have any info?

I have fairly blurry memories of a friend of mine drinking tequila out of a whore's belly button...

Soldato
Richeh said:

Very much so. I thought when you said you were going with two mates you were all 'involved' with eachother :confused:

:p

As already said Prague is for both. It's a great weekend, lots to do and see.

Soldato
OP
Cheers again. Do most people speak english there? I don't want to be the ignorant english guy and just assume they do.

Also are there lots of nightclubs etc what kind of prices, any particular food you recommend and again prices?

Cheers again, looking at 5* hotel's atm, can't believe how cheap some of em are :D

Soldato
Richeh said:
Cheers again. Do most people speak english there? I don't want to be the ignorant english guy and just assume they do.

Also are there lots of nightclubs etc what kind of prices, any particular food you recommend and again prices?

Cheers again, looking at 5* hotel's atm, can't believe how cheap some of em are :D
Yeah , they all speak english.
Only nightclub Ive been in was Duplex , wenceles square.
Was ok , I prefered to spend my late nights in a quaint little place called Darlings.

Entry to places is cheap , drinks can be expensive , depending where you are.
Darling , for example was about £2 to get in and £4 a drink.
If you are just in the pubs drink the local stuff , Pilsner Urquel.
Its dead cheap , strong and very nice.

As for food and hotels they are all very cheap and generally of a high standard.
We always stay in Jizera apartments , right on the square , cheap and secure and you can get away with anything.
Booked from here www.aaaahotels.com

I love Prague , been loads of times.

Don
Vandle said:
Darling , for example was about £2 to get in and £4 a drink.

Darlings is a extreme rip off with the exception of one drink , they advertise beer at 99kr ( £2.50 ) but unless you ask for it by name ( topvar ) they will sell you something else

example prices other than topvar - beer £7 - vodka and coke £30 :eek:

Soldato
Rotty said:
Darlings is a extreme rip off with the exception of one drink , they advertise beer at 99kr ( £2.50 ) but unless you ask for it by name ( topvar ) they will sell you something else

example prices other than topvar - beer £7 - vodka and coke £30 :eek:
Yeah mate , Jack D is about £25 as well.

Thats what I was drinking , 330ml cans??
Seemed more than £2.50 but thats more than likely the serving wenches skimming extra money.

As with anywhere you go really , keep your wits about you and remember that everyone is after your money and you'll be okay.

Oh and dont ask the dwarf if shes half price , you will get thrown out by a doorman who looks like Bruce Lee's older , bigger and harder brother.
And it hurts :o

Back
Top Bottom