Meeting Boyfriends/Girlfriends Online

Soldato
I'm meeting up with someone I've sorta met on the internet, although she's a friend of a friend of a friend sort of thing, my e-mail address got passed around, she ontacted me, we were e-mailing for a month or so, then she gave me her mobile number onmsn ast week. I think I've gone through my text message allowance for the month in a matter of days !!

Anyway Thursday she asked to phone me, we had a 3 hour conversation on the phone, and another one last night, meeting her after work on Wednesday, she really does seem like a nice girl, can't wait. Oh and she's very easy on the eye :)

Here's hoping all works out.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Behemoth said:
I'm meeting up with someone I've sorta met on the internet, although she's a friend of a friend of a friend sort of thing, my e-mail address got passed around, she ontacted me, we were e-mailing for a month or so, then she gave me her mobile number onmsn ast week. I think I've gone through my text message allowance for the month in a matter of days !!

Anyway Thursday she asked to phone me, we had a 3 hour conversation on the phone, and another one last night, meeting her after work on Wednesday, she really does seem like a nice girl, can't wait. Oh and she's very easy on the eye :)

Here's hoping all works out.

Say hello to Charlie for me :)

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
That's complete rubbish it really is. You can meet girls in so many ways, what about at work? At uni? In lectures? At clubs?

at work? Do you realise how bad an idea it is to date coworkers? :o

Lectures? I dunno what you do in your lectures but everyone is pretty busy in mine..

Clubs? as in activity club type things? Thats a good idea..

Soldato
wedgie22 said:
Pretty sure clubs as in nightclubs

Well he replied to a post saying that nightclubs were the only place outside of pubs and houseparties...I dont think he would say that outside of nightclubs, nightclubs are a good place to meet people :o

Soldato
I think any where you go with your mates you can work to your advantage,

But to the OP no I dont think online is a bad place to meet other halfs, most people have a good judge of character, even if it is from a few hundered miles away!

KaHn

Associate
Met my b/f online in an irc chat room for a game we both played. Been together about 1.5 years now. I was using the room as a way to talk direct to the game developers and got talking to my now b/f. We talked for about 3 months, then agreed to meet up as friends. A week later we were a couple and I still love him to bits. :)
I agree that people should be very careful when meeting someone from online, eg. meet somewhere public that you know well. Meeting as friends first is also a good idea, just so there are no preconceptions.

Soldato
i met my last two boyfriends online but it wasnt on purpose. i only got chatting to them as friends and didnt think anything of it.

i wouldnt do it again. too many weirdos on the internet and they both really hurt me.

Man of Honour
Balddog said:
Well he replied to a post saying that nightclubs were the only place outside of pubs and houseparties...I dont think he would say that outside of nightclubs, nightclubs are a good place to meet people :o

I meant clubs as in clubs and societys at Uni, yes.

As for lectures - made most of the friends on my course through lectures, then then all went on nights out, etc etc etc :)

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
I meant clubs as in clubs and societys at Uni, yes.

As for lectures - made most of the friends on my course through lectures, then then all went on nights out, etc etc etc :)

How many of them have you dated?

Permabanned
there are Advantages aswell as disadvantages to it imo, an advantage is you get to know the person before you judge on looks, and while looks do matter, theyre no reason to write someone out completely. Disadvantages is often there is long ditances involed and you have to have a large deal of trust in the other person.
I don't see a problem with it at all, if theyre both happy, who is to say whether its sad or what? Under the right circumstances i would give it a go.

Soldato
sargatanas said:
there are Advantages aswell as disadvantages to it imo, an advantage is you get to know the person before you judge on looks, and while looks do matter, theyre no reason to write someone out completely. Disadvantages is often there is long ditances involed and you have to have a large deal of trust in the other person.
I don't see a problem with it at all, if theyre both happy, who is to say whether its sad or what? Under the right circumstances i would give it a go.

Well you get to know the persona they present...Its not as though people on the net are known for lying or anything right? :o

Back
Top Bottom