Phone Extension

Associate
I'm getting maxdsl next week so i have been checking line quality to try and make sure i get the best speeds for me line, currently my router is upstairs connected to the master socket by a 15m extension. I was gettin the feeling this was robbing me of SNR. Currently on 2mb with 51db attenuation and 11db SNR, to test my theory i plugged the router directly into the test socket in the master socket and the SNR was 17db so this extension must be really poor quality. I cannot locate the router at the master socket because it is hard wired into the xbox and 2 computers upstairs.

Do you think i should get a proper phone socket put upstairs or buy wireless adapters for my pc's and run a long ethernet cable to the 360?

Associate
OP
What about running ethernet cable from the master socket to upstairs with the appropriate connectors on each end, would this work? As ethernet is better quality than phone cable i should loose next to no db's?

Associate
OP
If i want to add another phone socket how do i connect it? Do i crimp the wires from the cable into the master socket ontop of the wires already there for an existing socket then run this cable to another socket and crimp the end into there?

Back
Top Bottom