Samurize Scripts

Soldato
Hi,

A few people have asked about Samurize scripts and how to do them etc...

Ive got a few working fairly well, see my desktop in the desktop thread to see my current one,

Ill post my current script to download as well,

Post your problems!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Do you know how to do this ?

war_desktop.jpg

It aren't mine btw, I have the script (he email it to me, it's coolmon) and I have no idea how to do it!

This is his instruction

When this script runs it will create a file in your coolmon directory called uktv.txt

You will need to create new lines in your coolmon config, such as:

NAME=FILEDATA FORMAT="C:\Program Files\CoolMon\uktv.txt,1"

This will display line one of the text file, which will be BBC1 now and next, I show lines 1-5 and you will also need to add other text such as the channel names and the now and next headers.

As you can see it took some work to get working, so good luck!

Soldato
OP
Ok,

With CoolMon, you need to schedule the scripts to run, which then generate the text file,

If you download this (Coolmon Scheduler)

http://coolmon.arsware.org/download/?filename=cmsche.exe

You can set the TV script to run every x minutes or something.

Then follow the instructions that you have below, changing the reference (ie C:\xxx) to where the uktv.txt file is generated.

Associate
Originally posted by MTA99
/PIMP

/PIMP
OMG! If ever you feel the urge, either a zip of the scripts, config & graphics would be very nice... :)

[Edit: Hmm, MLM Desktop eh... still, no idea where the necessary files are :(]

Thanks!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
:eek: :eek:

MTA99 > *

bows down to his majesty..... ;)

Like Andy says, if you feel the urge to send me the config and scripts then i would be greatly indebted, thats one bootiful samurize set-up you have there

[email protected]

*edit*

Andy, not sure about the satellite TV stuff, I havent seen one to be honest, but it might be possible to modify the UKTV.vbs to pull the info off a satellite TV listings page?

Just had a look, and its quite possible, what satellite channels would you want?

Ill have a look around, other thing I was wondering, CoolMon scripts should work with Samurize etc, as all it does is run the script and gets some information out of it?

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi,

Its late but i'll try and sort out a blank copy of the config, scripts and icons etc. tomorrow. Watch this space! ;)

Anyone got any webspace they could host the file on?

Cheers

Caporegime
damm mta m8...that looks sweet...:eek:

i tried samurize not too long ago but couldnt get the scripts up and running....so i ended up with coolmon....but id love to get ahold of that script..soo i can try it again,....:D

Associate
Here's the original MLM config which gave this output on my system:

mlm.jpg

Download it here.

Obviously you will need to edit the .ini to find the program and icon location on your system. Also, it needs a bit of tweaking as it's all in french. :)

Just something to fiddle with until we get out grubby mits on MTA99's masterpiece! :D

Andy.

Soldato
Hi,

Made a few more tweaks:

MTA99desktop1.txt

Gonna start work on getting all the scripts, icons etc together and sorting out the config so you guys can fill in all your own details.

Cheers

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi,

Yeah you could add TV listings.

Problem is theres no room left, I could remove a couple "modules" and add it. With Samurize there are no scripts to get Sky channels - only normal channels 1 to 5 ;)

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom