SATA2 and PSU without sata connectors???

Associate
Hello there,

I think my PSU died. I was running memtest and I cut off the power and then when I tried to boot up the PSU make a quick electrical noise like click and I a little spark I can see through the window (Tt 480W Butterfly with a window) and nothing happens. Clear bios and still the quick noise and little spark.

I have another PSU to try but my hard drive is SATA2 and the spare PSU does not have sata conectors so I wonder if I can plug the sata 2 drive using the normal PSU power?????

thanks,

(I hope my mobo etc still OK ) :(

Soldato
Like Orifice said, you can get converters pretty easily. They are normally supplied with your mobo, so have a look in the box ;)
messiah khan said:
You shoul;d be able to hook your SATA drives up to normal 4 pin molex connectors. Thats how all of mine are connected. Just don't ever try connecting the molex AND the sata power connectors to one drive at the same time.
How have you done that? Are the drives Western Digital as they're the only ones i know of which allow both types of connectors?

Soldato
mark1 said:
Like Orifice said, you can get converters pretty easily. They are normally supplied with your mobo, so have a look in the box ;)

How have you done that? Are the drives Western Digital as they're the only ones i know of which allow both types of connectors?

I thought most SATA drives were like that. All 3 of my SATA drives are Western Digital, so you might be right. But im sure most are like that.

Soldato
messiah khan said:
I thought most SATA drives were like that. All 3 of my SATA drives are Western Digital, so you might be right. But im sure most are like that.
from what Mikey1280 said above i think it's you that is right ;)

My seagate only has the one power connection which is why i thought it was only western digital.

Back
Top Bottom