Is tomorrow a bank holiday?

Suspended
Just doing the washing up, my housemate mentioned that tomorrow is a bank holiday. I work as a database administrator, and we are allowed bank holidays off. Oddly, I wasn't informed by my line manager that Monday was a bank holiday ... IS IT??

Associate
I found out too late. I'd booked Wed - Fri off to get ready for what we've got planned next weekend. If I'd have know I'd be getting Monday off too I would have book the Tuesday and took the entire week off.

Soldato
yes its bank holiday

so everyone will pile in the restaurant.. not realising the people in the kitchen are cursing everyone who orders as its always busy.. but busier on public holidays

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Feek said:
It's called Spring Bank Holiday now. Duh. It's Whitsun, who is anyone trying to kid.

K.
Is it?
Just call it Whitsun in my house and at work although none of us are religious in any way :o

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
The last Monday in May has been a bank holiday in England (which in England also means a public holiday) for many years now. One recent exception was in 2002, when it was moved to the first Monday in June so that it was adjacent to the following day on which the Queen's Golden Jubilee was celebrated.

Many years ago Whit Monday, which is seven weeks after Easter, was the Spring Bank Holiday, but about thirty years ago it was decided to fix it as the last Monday in May. The change saved confusion, as many people had no idea when it was to happen. Maybe the Early Spring Holiday will be changed sometime in the future, and not be fixed to the variable date of Easter.

Back
Top Bottom