hate phone shopping... best place to go / call?

Associate
hiho

had this contract for 15 months: 200 minutes / no texts for £30 per month. bill ranges from £30+ to £90 each month. so its a pretty poor contract to start off with.

i've been eyeballing the N80 for some time now and have tried to get one recently without any joy and i'm getting sick of BS from phone shops.

initially eveywhere was sold out.

then when in stock, Vodaphone told me they wanted £350 to upgrade to the N80! :mad: so i'm gonna give their shop a miss for a while.

02 shop said today they dont know when they are comming in stock...

so i didnt have much choice but to go into the shop i hate the most - phones4u. they want me to change contract but means changing number which i dont want to do. which they always find really hard to believe for some reason.

get this - they said the N80 has been out on Voda for over 2 months, and it is the only network it is going to be on!! and aparently i'm a "low user" so i have to change to a £40 / month contract to get the n80 for £49.99

now please tell me if i'm wrong but that is not a good deal? seems every man and his dog who posts here has a better deal than i'm being offered.

does anyone know any good numbers to ring or something so i can get a good deal?

yes the problem is probably because i'm looking for an N80, but it seems to be the ideal phone for me at the moment. oh and i dont get a good orange reception at home so they are pretty much out of the running :/

Soldato
At the moment I think Orange online plans are probably the cheapest.

See here

Edit - Very strange though, you can't have something like 300 texts per month. You can either choose 100 texts then add on a bonus 50 making 150texts per month. Or choose 500 texts and get 1000 free texts making 1500 texts. You could then add on a further 250 texts free.... :p

So it's either 150 texts or 1500... :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I went to the Mall on Friday and The Link(Bristol) offered me N80 in black on a 18 Month contract for £40 a month on 300 min 100 txt. I dont see that as a good offer tbh.

I went to the O2 shop aswell and they said the phones wasnt available, what idiots. Carphone warhouse offered me £45 a month on Vodafone which is rubbish.

Phones4U offered me £45 a month on Vodafone and an additional £49.99 for the phone. That is ludacris.

The orange shop didnt have it. Neither did the 3 Shop.

All offeres were for the Nokia N80 btw. Im looking to pay £35 a month in black. Anyone know any good sites to get good deals.

Last edited:
Associate
Considering the phone costs £450 why are those offers ludicrous?? You've been offered it for £49.99 which is a saving of £400.

Soldato
Well you can get the N80 black from OSPS for £39.99 on a 12/mn contract or for free on the 18 month one ... both are £35.99 a month ( .99p for itemised billing )
I got my silver n80 from there two weeks ago nearly and its been great - have encountered problems but i can live with them considering what a versatile phone it is :)

Suspended
I'm on Vodafone monthly. I get 200 anytime minutes and 500 texts per month for £30 also any phone I want each year. 12 month contract.

Get a better contract!

Suspended
Well I've always asked for the latest phone out and sometimes even preorder them and never have I had to pay for them no matter what cost. I ahve a k800i on preorder at the moment.

Man of Honour
It's currently out of stock, but you could look at Orange.co.uk.

£49.99 on a £30 a month contract which could give you 300 mins and 1500 texts (on an 18 month contract) or 200 mins/500 texts on a 12 month contract.

If you request a PAC code from your current provider you can also keep your number :)

Back
Top Bottom