best way to remove a sticker?

Man of Honour
ScoobyDoo69 said:
Hey all, been meaning to remove my "Impreza Sport 2.0 AWD" sticker from my boot...

Hmmmm, good idea, then everyone can think its a Turbo but you can tell them all you simply wanted a 'clean look' when they asked why you debadged it ;)

Associate
Get some floss + and hair dryer.

The backing of the stickers should be a foam, so just use the floss to cut through it as close to the paint work as possible.

Get the sticky residue off with some wd40 + soft towel. DONT use a nail or a credit card or anything like that unless you wanna scratch up your paintwork.

Soldato
I removed the remaining 3/4 of the "DOHC VTEC" sticker on the back of my Prelude with my finger nail and brake cleaner. I also used brake cleaner on all the old stickers on the inside of the windows.

I swear brake cleaner has to be one of the best things ever invented - it can remove almost every stain/dirt from almost any surface with very little hassle!

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox said:
Hmmmm, good idea, then everyone can think its a Turbo but you can tell them all you simply wanted a 'clean look' when they asked why you debadged it ;)

well...... ;)

hehe nah it doesnt have a turbo bonnet... those foolish enough to think it's a turbo can go away ! :D

plus i still have the sport badges on the side :)

Soldato
Lithium said:
Thats because its so corrosive.... using that on your paintwork is NOT very clever unless you drive a bucket of poo.
The time it was in contact with the paintwork was minimal, and I was in the process of t-cutting and waxing the boot lid anyway, and that part of the car (10 year, 170k mile old paint) looks no different to the rest.

Of course pouring it on and leaving it would cause lots of damage.

Soldato
Boiling water and finger nail. Coincidentally, I was tempted to do mine this afternoon, but was afraid of stupid comments like this..

[TW]Fox said:

Soldato
andi said:
Boiling water and finger nail. Coincidentally, I was tempted to do mine this afternoon, but was afraid of stupid comments like this..
Just do it in my opinion, you could say that Fox only put the body kit on his Mondeo so that it looks like an ST24... awaits "The RSAP was a factory fit option for the 2.0 Mondeo Ghia X........"

Associate
lordrobs said:
Just do it in my opinion, you could say that Fox only put the body kit on his Mondeo so that it looks like an ST24... awaits "The RSAP was a factory fit option for the 2.0 Mondeo Ghia X........"

gives cleaner lines, innit ;)

Man of Honour
lordrobs said:

Man if you think I annoyed people with that just wait until the fake M5 gets its first ocuk outing :p :p ;)

Soldato
lordrobs said:

But it was ;) You could say the same for the new Zetec S which has a nice body kit as standard, but you could say it trying to look like the st220. The fact is foxes car isn't trying to be something its not. And in this case doo isn't either he just wants the sticker of his car.

Soldato
teaboy5 said:
But it was ;) You could say the same for the new Zetec S which has a nice body kit as standard, but you could say it trying to look like the st220. The fact is foxes car isn't trying to be something its not. And in this case doo isn't either he just wants the sticker of his car.
I agree, I was just having a tounge in cheek dig at Fox as he was doing the same to Scooby.

Fox knows I'm just jealous because I didn't follow his advice a couple of years ago and ended up aith an overpriced french shopping car :p

Soldato
How sharp are your fingernails? Subaru paint is notoriously thin, but you'd need to dig pretty hard to scratch it with your fingernail..

Associate
Er..... paintwork is actually very soft , if you sit there using your fingernail you are guaranteed to scratch it. Ok fair enough they wont be THAT deep, but it will take you a decent amount of time with scratchx to fully restore it again, why bother? Do what i said and you wont have any problems....

Soldato
Heat gun to melt the adhesive, it should the pull off nice and easily.

Then use a small amount of petrol on a rag to remove the adhesive left behind. You should then wash and wax to clean and seal the surface :)

Back
Top Bottom