• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Artic Cooling on a 6600GT AGP Asus?!

Soldato
Can I fit a Artic Cooler to this card?

03.jpg

Need to replace it as the fan is getting noiser and noiser. But Im worried about the heatsink to the right of the fan.

Anyone fitted the Artic Cooler on to this card?

Last edited:
Soldato
Havent seen one fitted to those...

What I will say is you can control the fan speed via the Nvidia control panel and Rivatuner if noise is an issue.

Soldato
Pretty sure the VF700 will be fine on there if you leave the HSI heatsink on, though it will overhang the top of the card.

ylaviisto5kc.jpg

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the replys. ;)

The fan on the card is on its way out, the bearings have gone.

Looks like ill have to fit the Zalman then. Do OcUK sell the small heatsink I need? I havent seen it :confused:

Soldato
OP
sunlitsix said:
nah you won't need it, i didnt see there was already a heatsink on it :o
[/must get eyes tested]

Wont need it?! :eek:

Its for a friend and I went round their house today and touched that small heatsink and it was very hot!

I fitted a Artic Cooler for a mate a month ago, he had the PCI-E version of the 6600GT which didnt have this little h/s

Soldato
OP
sunlitsix said:
yeah it will get hot because its passively cooled, i ment you wont need to buy that other HSI heatsink because there is already one on the ASUS card

ah ok,

From the picture it looks like its part of the whole heatsink, then I had a closer look and you can see a little gap. Which is great news.

V700 it is then.

Cheers fellas ;)

Back
Top Bottom