• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Conroe, maybe you'd like to see this..

Associate
By TAM:

Unable to get modPI 1M @ over 5G tonight due to some condenser blew up near the socket @1.74Vcore right after SPi completion
Luckily the CPU is OK... Oh well, have to find a new M/B, which can take over 1.8Vcore

So today's best:

Time: 10.312s (Super PI / mod1.4)
Clock: 4997.9MHz (fsb416.5MHz x12)
CPU: Core 2 Extreme X6800 : (2.93G/266x11/FSB 1066/L2 4MB)
M/B: Intel D975XBXLKR-rev302 mod (bios:1073)
CPU Cooling: LN2 (Pro4 + V-TEC ARC Bed Rev.3.4)
Memory: Corsair PC2-5400UL(v1.3) 512MB x2
VGA: ATI rageXL (PCI)
HDD: IBM DTLA-307020
Power Supply:Zippy-460w
Vcore: 1.71V, Vdimm: 2.55V, Vio: 3.65V
MEM: 4:5, CL4-3-3-2

X6800-4998_10s312.gif

Permabanned
Minstadave said:
5ghz.....I know what my next CPU will be :D

I know what mine will be too, The only worry i have is the voltage these guys are running here.

im not scared to put 1.75 through my A64 (1.4v stock). But i know a LOT of the users here wont even go above 1.5v most of the time.

These conroes are 1.2-1.3v stock and people are pushing 1.8v through them to get these results.

I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed with their overclocks on these because they dont want the huge volts.

Tom

Soldato
welshtom said:
I know what mine will be too, The only worry i have is the voltage these guys are running here.

im not scared to put 1.75 through my A64 (1.4v stock). But i know a LOT of the users here wont even go above 1.5v most of the time.

These conroes are 1.2-1.3v stock and people are pushing 1.8v through them to get these results.

I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed with their overclocks on these because they dont want the huge volts.

Tom
Yeah, I don't think you can really get much real world value out of LN2 benchmarks. Plus, a lot of us buy stuff that we actually intend to use - I would debate the practicality and longeivity of a LN2 cooled system where the CPU is running massively overvolted. That's not really the point of why they do it, but its a valid point as far as mere mortals are concerned. :)

I would be happy with a 4Ghz Conroe on my modded Vapo.

Permabanned
Yea, thats the thing. People all want this conroe now but im not sure they realise the stress these chips are under, theres a distinct fear of volts on this forum.

Wont be long now though

Tom

Associate
hmm, wonder when they will have actual availability of these to buy. i know the release is meant to be july sometime but will that be a paper launch or not?

egt

egt

Associate
welshtom said:

How do you manage to raise the volts to 1.75V, Tom? Most i can raise is 1.680 or thereabouts. Is there a DFI bios that lets you do this? Cheers.

egt

egt

Associate
welshtom said:
DFI's go up to 2.1v?

Maybe i'm missing something here but in my bios screen i can only see:
CPU VID control max: 1.55
Special VID control max: 113%

Sorry for the off topic.

Soldato
egt said:
Maybe i'm missing something here but in my bios screen i can only see:
CPU VID control max: 1.55
Special VID control max: 113%

Sorry for the off topic.

I think some Ultra D BIOSs took the 123% and higher options out because there were problems. I killed a really good 3000 Venice with one of the 123% options - in reality, these options pumped more voltage than stated through the chip or something.

I think the Expert fixed all the niggles like this.

egt

egt

Associate
Thanks for the info guys.

Can't remember which bios i'm on but it's nice and stable so i think i'll give the mega-voltage bios's a miss :)

EDIT: Jimbo, It reads just below 1.7v in CPU-Z for me, but i know thats probably an inaccurate reading, mate.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom