Few pics from French Car Show

Soldato
The 0-60 runs were brilliant. There was some guy there in a green Elise who kept coming back for more and seemingly winning each duel with ~6sec :o There was also a black Cossie'd up stealth Clio that was scoring 5sec times and 13sec 3/4's IIRC. A couple cars blew their engines on this event I believe :o

The track was fun to watch but only two corners were visible to spectators :/ No way to get to the others...

There was also a Noble and Ariel Atom's taking people out for passenger rides around the track.

Pics: http://www.phobos.nildram.co.uk/fcs/

Soldato
Pffft those V6's are common as muck :p

Some nice motors there.

The black Clio you mention, you sure it's not the 400Bhp VAG one? With just a pressed metal seat and perspex windows inside?

Did you see Clio Williams 0001?

That new Clio 197 looks smart.

Soldato
FincH said:
Pffft those V6's are common as muck :p

Some nice motors there.

The black Clio you mention, you sure it's not the 400Bhp VAG one? With just a pressed metal seat and perspex windows inside?

Did you see Clio Williams 0001?

That new Clio 197 looks smart.

Might have been Flans one, but thats pushing 295bhp i believe, what wheels did it have?

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Bloke who runs the garage I go to was there in his nitrous powered V6, he said he was too scared to turn the nitrous on when on track as he reckoned he was going too fast as it was lol.

Soldato
A friend of mine was on track with his rallye and it was the first time he was running slicks (ACB10s) He ended up mullering a driveshaft and loosing oil out of the top of the engine as he was cornering so hard :D He made the 400 mile round trip too, suprisingly. Another friend was not so lucky, the clutch went on his bike engined westfield.

Soldato
OP
neil-ste said:
A friend of mine was on track with his rallye and it was the first time he was running slicks (ACB10s) He ended up mullering a driveshaft and loosing oil out of the top of the engine as he was cornering so hard :D He made the 400 mile round trip too, suprisingly. Another friend was not so lucky, the clutch went on his bike engined westfield.
I think I saw that... He pulled off after a couple laps with steam pooring out his bonnet :p He looked very very worried :)

Soldato
OP
Sorry chaps! :p

Memphis: It's not the TG test track AFAIK... the show was up in Leicestershire, not near Guildford :) Most abandoned WW2 airfields tend to serve as plane scrapyards. That Jumbo jet actually had a ladder on the front nose wheel and some people were climbing up and looking around for like 5 minutes at a time :o

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom