Yesterday I....

Bes

Bes

Soldato
...Despite probably selling my car soon, I decided to give it a damn good clean yesterday.

Armed with these fine products

PICT1078.JPG
(and a microfibre cloth) I set to work.

After about 5 hours of hard work, this is the result... The finish is like glass all over and it actually looks cleaner now than it did the day I bought it :) I must say, these meguiars products + some elbow grease are absolutley fantastic!

PICT1086.JPG

PICT1087.JPG

Complete with 'chav' lettering arrangement on the boot!

Man of Honour
Very nice :cool: I've been tempted to get a clay bar to get a few stains off my paintwork. Is it easy enough to use and do you think it would remove things like bird poop residue which appears to have welded itself to the paintwork?

BTW I spy a Cupra badge but I don't see a Cupra :p

Bes

Bes

Soldato
OP
paradigm said:
You mean the standard lettering for a Cupra R ;)

Looks very clean though, shame silver cars never show justice to hours worth of cleaning.
Aye, 'tis true... if it were black or something, it would probably be mirror- like. It's literally like glass to touch though :)

Bes

Bes

Soldato
OP
Scuzi said:
Very nice :cool: I've been tempted to get a clay bar to get a few stains of fmy paintwork. Is it easy enough to use and do you think it would remove things like bird poop residue which appears to have welded itself to the paintwork?

BTW I spy a Cupra badge but I don't see a Cupra :p
oi! It is a cupra you cheeky get! It's a pre- faclift one :)

Yeah it will remove bird poop residue. I am sometimes forced to park under trees so get sap, berry residue and bird poo all over mine- the clay bar lifts it all beautifully

Bes

Bes

Soldato
OP
Matt said:
I 'think' it's pre 53-reg where they didn't have the bodykit.
Correct. I think they went from 210-> 225 on the LCR lump at the same time. I really wanted a post- facelift one but I couldn't afford a 6 month old Cupra at the time :(

Soldato
Just finished doing my car today, full Meguiar's job with Shampoo, Scratch-X, ClayBay, and the 1,2,3 Cleaner, Polish & Wax.

Pretty impressed with the results, couldn't get the hang of the claybar though. Had to back it down the drive quick though as it looks like it's about to rain now :o

Bes

Bes

Soldato
OP
One More Solo said:
I gave my car a proper clean yesterday, made me realise the utter state of my paintwork. Could do with a full respray but its barely worth it.
Bet it doesn't need a respray- what's wrong with it? is it faded/ lost its shine/ scratched/ all of the above? :)

Suspended
i spent a good 3-4 hours on the g/fs golf a couple of weeks ago and got it looking that shiny, however, no matter what i tried i could not get all the fly guts off the front of the car (plus a little bit of tar).

Im just wondering what you guys would do to get it all off?!

Soldato
Bes said:
Bet it doesn't need a respray- what's wrong with it? is it faded/ lost its shine/ scratched/ all of the above? :)

Bonnet has a fair few stone chips and some scratches down one side. Front bumper has a couple of scratches. Rear bumper has a few. One wheel arch is scratched. It's pretty far gone. :(

Back
Top Bottom