New CPU Fan

Soldato
Hi there just a quick question.

Im thinking of trying to push my cpu to 2.8 but i will need a new cpu fan. Last time i read this section a lot, the artic freezer 64 was very good, is this still ok?

Also, when i take my old one off, there is some of the old thermal paste stuck to the top of the chip, does this need removing, and if so whats the best way to go about it?

Cheers!

Permabanned
Hi there,

Yep the ARTIC FREEZER 64 PRO is the one you want, great cooler and very easy to install.

There will be some thermal material already applied on the Artic Freezer, so you will not have to add any on the CPU.

But you will have to remove the CPU thermal paste and get it cleaned up. To do this I use the ArctiClean Thermal Material Remover.

Just get some cotton swabs ready and be paitent!

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Thermal_Materials_27.html

Soldato
price. £14 cheaper and you need to buy a fan for the si-120 as well, the freezer comes with one.

Its not better, but its not much worse either and if you want to spend ~£30, then you should be looking at the ninja plus like i said. Same price as the si-120, better performance and comes with a fan.

Back
Top Bottom