A little help new phone- sim inactive.

Soldato
Hey guys, just spent the last 2 hours in phones 4 u, got myself a really nice phone the W810i, but the sim says its inactive, i got the phone on contract, im just wondering if anyone else has had this problem with a newly bought phone...probably doesnt help being a bank holiday, but maybe thats just my mind.

Soldato
KnightStalker said:
Hey guys, just spent the last 2 hours in phones 4 u, got myself a really nice phone the W810i, but the sim says its inactive, i got the phone on contract, im just wondering if anyone else has had this problem with a newly bought phone...probably doesnt help being a bank holiday, but maybe thats just my mind.

What network is the phone.

And :eek: you went to Phones4u? What deal did you get?

Soldato
i seem to remember from when I last took out a new contract, being told that it can take about 24-48 hours for the sim to become active/registered on the network.

Soldato
KnightStalker said:
its O2, i got the phone free, with 400 free x-mins, 500 texts, for £35 a month took my 1 and half hours of hagling to get that. im not sure if its not been done properly or something, but its annoying me now as i cant ring my girl :(

I hope they told you thats only for the first 3 months that you get them mins? After that I will be half that. What were they hagling over? Is it 12 month or 18?

Soldato
it can take upto 48 ohurs for the phone to be activated. You should leave it switched off and only turn it on once an hour.

if it does not arrive, call O2 up and ask them to send it out

Back
Top Bottom