Cable Replace

Associate
Hi,

I have an old Dell monitor, but after a few years the vga cable has went down hill and the colour flickers every few seconds making it unusable.

The cable is not easily replaced as it was plugged straight in to the tube inside the monitor. Anyways I have ripped the cable out the monitor and I want to buy a replacement, but I dont know what the cable is called. I took it down to a local shop and they didnt know either.

If anyone knows what this cable is called and even better, where I can get one that would be perfect.

Pic1
Pic2
Pic3

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks
Michael

Associate
Best place to find that cable is in another knackered Dell monitor. I doubt you will be able to buy it separatly.

Try putting a post up in the Members Market on the forum and you may be lucky and find someone here with the same monitor in a broken state and they could let you have the cable. Or even find your local recycling tip, or phone round a few IT and TV repair shops looking for a broken monitor. Won't have to be the same exact model as I expect that will be a fairly standard part. Just find a similar year.

If you have the patience, you could splice a new end onto this cable. Get any old monitor cable, then chop off the good bit you need, and splice it to the broken Dell cable.

IMHO - it is not really worth all this hassle. If it is a Dell CRT then you can easily find another one. People are chucking out CRT's constantly now. :)

(You may want to reduce the size of your photos. Even 20% of that size is enough to see the details. :))

Soldato
MAllen said:
IMHO - it is not really worth all this hassle. If it is a Dell CRT then you can easily find another one. People are chucking out CRT's constantly now. :)

Agreed, used CRTs are dirt cheap now. Probably less than the price of that cable :)

Back
Top Bottom