Is there a tool that can ...

Associate
... look through all my running processes and for each one tell me the name of the program and relevant details and whether or not it's dangerous/necessary. Basically I'd like something that would save me from typing one by one the name of each process into google then reading up the details on them. Lazy I know but right at this second I've got 60 running processes and just don't have the time! Thanks.

Permabanned
Dont know if its exactly what your after, but Tune Up Utilities 2006 has a process manager, and it tells you what program the process is running from, and also its file location.

Hope that helps! :)

Paul

Soldato
You could try running "hijackthis". Run it, ask it to create a log file, select the contents of the log file and paste it into http://www.hijackthis.de and ask it to analyze it.

It then returns details of each process that runs at startup and wotnot. Not 100% sure if it's what you are after tho.

Associate
I use a program called Process Explorer

Link

Freeware, and tells you so much more information about processes, you can see a graph of the individual process' history, it can replace task manager if you want it to, and it has a handy "Google..." entry if you right click a process which will do a google search for you to see what it does. Also includes a process tree viewer which shows you which process was started by what

Great program, i use it all the time

Back
Top Bottom