Make me use something else?

Soldato
Hi there,

I am concidering changing audio program again, but I always seem to go back to iTunes for some reason.

So someone, please, pursuade me otherwise.

I am about to test the new winamp which was released a couple of days ago.

I would like something that will show album art and uses as less resources as possible?

What should i use guys?

Thanks...

Soldato
OP
Sorry I'm playing AAC files not MP3s.....and I dont think media monkey can play aac

I only want to change from iTunes as it has a service running even if the program isnt running.

Last edited:
Soldato
what kind of system are you running that 4k of ram is important? seriously, everyone wants media players to use as little resources as possible when they all use an insignificant amount anyway. The only time any of them use up anything noticable is when I'm ripping CDs because they use about 100% of the CPU time.

Soldato
OP
Rebelius said:
what kind of system are you running that 4k of ram is important? seriously, everyone wants media players to use as little resources as possible when they all use an insignificant amount anyway. The only time any of them use up anything noticable is when I'm ripping CDs because they use about 100% of the CPU time.

It all adds up.....so 4K alone is not a lot but i'd rather not have it at all so things like BF2 run as best as possible.

Associate
Energize said:
Just use windows media player, does it really make a difference to the music what player you use?
Not much, but the interface makes a heck of a difference to how you play the music.

I'm loving Winamp 5 at the moment. The library system is so flexible compared to WMP and they add more support for my H10 with every update :p
I like actually being able to edit tags for Mp3 files and having a multi-GB library without any freezing. Don't know about album art though, not something i bother with.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
bledd. said:
winamp with this plugin does what you want

awesome combination

http://www.closetosoftware.com/

downloads the folder.jpg's from amazon

Yeah I was thinking of using Winamp it's just I have a few niggles. Will Winamp "consolidate" my library like iTunes does, because I really like that feature.

For instance when I add a file to my library, iTunes will create a folder for the artist and then a folder in that for the album and copy the file into there.....Is there a feature/plugin that will do this, that would make winamp the winner tbh.

Also can it convert to AAC?

Thanks...

[EDIT:]

Gotta love the first sig of the guy above....lol

Soldato
foobar is the best player really. as long as your willing to look for plugins to do what you want then you cant beat it.

foobar1.jpg

and if i hover to the left of the window:

foobar2.jpg

simple and effective:)

Soldato
oh my music isnt all tagged correctly lol. using the columnsUI plugin you can practically do what you want with it. most decent scripts for columnsUI will just display the filename if the tags are screwed up or not there at all.

foobar is FAR more forgiving on tagging than anything else ive tried, purely because it can list your music by the directory structure on the drive rather than sorting by tag. that alone means the tags are largely irrelivant because all you really have to do is name the files correctly:)

Associate
james.miller said:
oh my music isnt all tagged correctly lol. using the columnsUI plugin you can practically do what you want with it. most decent scripts for columnsUI will just display the filename if the tags are screwed up or not there at all.

foobar is FAR more forgiving on tagging than anything else ive tried, purely because it can list your music by the directory structure on the drive rather than sorting by tag. that alone means the tags are largely irrelivant because all you really have to do is name the files correctly:)
I can't remember the name but I had a piece of software before that would create tags from the name of the mp3, it could do mass tagging aswell.

Associate
FC1983 said:
I can't remember the name but I had a piece of software before that would create tags from the name of the mp3, it could do mass tagging aswell.

MP3Tag ;)

I'm looking for a foobar plugin that will add some small controls to the system tray. Does anyone know of a good one?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom