Fifth Gear

Man of Honour
If anyone wants a reason as to why Top Gear is so great, then tonights Fifth Gear provided it.

Is it me or was it totally dire? They are trying so hard to copy Top Gear with virtually everything they do - I mean what on EARTH was that Merc feature? It was just dull, boring and irrelevant without the proper comedy backing.

And the 599 review? Where he says he wouldnt buy it becuase it isnt as good on the track as an F430, well I never, shock as Ferrari's 2+2 GT isnt as good as the 2 seater sports model...

It's just... dull. They should Focus on simply being factual and nothing more, they can't copy the Top Gear comedy style and should not try.

Soldato
Was anyone else screaming DON'T GET OUT THROUGH THE ELECTRIC SUNROOF YOU FOOL before it started shutting on her? Daft bint.

She would, however, get it.

Soldato
I agree with the OP, even my GF who knows NOTHING about cars think they are copying TG.
The old merc test was basically copied off TG and do anyone else find the way tiff nedel speak kinda funny if not gayish... Anyway TG is still the best motoring programme out there period.

Man of Honour
OP
The Merc test had potential.

With people who can actually DO comedy, ie the TG team, it would have been funny.

With relevant tests (ie not being run over by monster trucks and deliberately sunk) it could have been useful.

It was neither.

Soldato
And last week when they did the Golf GTi vs Octavia vRS.

Based the opinions on which was fastest round the track in reverse?? :confused:

I think they just want to be like Top Gear, but sadly VBH, TN and JP will never have the same comedy and wit as JC, RH and JM. (imo ofc ;) )

Don
I'm no fan of 5th gear but fing Top Gear little better , all these childish "challenges" and stupid games are really getting on my nerves

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
" And we put the Impreza Sport up against a Milk Float in our drag tests!"

:D

And our reasonably priced car will be....

9557_4.jpeg

Haa, :D in your face fox.

Soldato
They should definitely leave the comedy and silly sketches to Top Gear who can pull them off. Tiff deciding which was better out of the vRS and Gti by reversing them around Anglesea was just embarrassing, and the bit where long haired guy did the 'Planet Earth - how did we film that' was just shocking :eek:

They should stop trying to be like Top Gear and do what they do best; letting Tiff, Jason and VBH hoon cars for all their worth around the track.....with Vickie doing her little squealing thing (she would deffo get it in my books)

Soldato
Rotty said:
I'm no fan of 5th gear but fing Top Gear little better , all these childish "challenges" and stupid games are really getting on my nerves

I think thats part of the fun. Sometimes its nice to take a break from seeing supercars that i'll never own wizz round a track doing the same week in and week out :)

Associate
Yep, it's dire!

I still watch it though, sometimes... :confused:

I guess thats because I don't really pay much attention to what they are saying and just want to see the cars etc. It's so damn bad it's unreal. Every one of the presenters is a muppet and the features are just appauling. They are TG wanna-be's.

Sure, TG ain't perfect. I mean some features are just pointless and some are just daft, but they do make me laugh and I do like the reviews. Sometimes they just get it wrong and scream round and round the runway saying how so and so car is crap at taking 90 degree bends at 150mph. I mean, yeah, where on earth are the general public gonna do that. Oh the whole, a good program and miles ahead of that Channel 5 pap!

Edit: Oh and they should at least rename it. My car has six gears!

Back
Top Bottom