Tips for logo design and business colour scheme...

Soldato
I am currently rebranding my business.

Going to theme everything, simple colour scheme for everything etc...

Here is my current logo:

logo.jpg

I do not like it. The text is too small for a start, when in the press as an advert it is poor.

Anybody care to give some general tips on logo and company branding?

I am not asking someone to do it as I want to.

However, I appreciate others views so will use this thread to post up my prototypes too.

I am using Jasc PSP9. I am familiar with it and not Photoshop.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Brighten it up, that shade of purple is quite dull and lifeless.

Maybe adjusting the picture so more of the plug/connector is in view, and then introducing the gold from it into the logo/text?

Soldato
Pay someone else to do it and have it done properly. No offence but that does not show your business off in the best light. Hire a logo designer, give them a brief and sit back. I have just had a logo designed for my forums which didn't cost me much but I felt it was important to have a pro create it. Afterall, you need to know your limitations.

Soldato
OP
SamHandwich said:
That isn't a logo, that's a website header, the "AV connections" part would be the logo in this case. I'd suggest reading this for some brief ideas behind logo design.

I should have said that it was my website header and I used a different version as a logo. However, the problem I had was the text was always too small.

I have spent a few hours trying out lots of different things and also browsing on loads of technology websites. They seem to go for bright colours laid out very simply and most of them work.

logo.jpg

So I gave it a go. I think it's a definate improvement. It also sets up a bright blue and green (but i feel not too bright as the shades are softer than bright lime green for example) colour scheme.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Well, even if it has just coincidence that they are the same, some people will notice and may judge you as being unoriginal. Also wouldn't you prefer to have a unique logo and one that isn't already associated to something else?

I'm afraid it is the same, albeit rotated and a few less circles.

Back
Top Bottom