• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1GB XFX GeForce 7900GTX PCI-E

Associate
The OCUK has had the XFX 7900GTX 512Mb XXX Edition on pre order @ 499 for so long that the XFX 7900GTX 1Gb QSLI is now available @469 (albeit not OCUK)

In updating 6800's I no which one i'd go for.

Associate
I can only imagine how costly that top card would be to buy, and IMO having 1GB of onboard graphics memory is far too much for the current line of games, a bit like overkill, and when games do utilise that much memory, there will be a whole new range of better, more powerful cards.

Soldato
Far too much? I think this is a good idea. A single card solution for people with 24" + monitors. Even if it does cost an arm and a leg.. What were you expecting to pay for a card to run at a high resolution?

Associate
OP
One tiny step at a time towards Virtual Reality Gaming, or a Holodeck. 1 gig of memory today, 1 tera tomorrow.

Software needs to catch up. iram @ 4gig, graphics @ 2gig, mobos @ 8+gig, hell i have an 8gig usb drive.

However windows only requires one bit. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom